Options

Age of people that are CCNAs.

13»

Comments

• Options
    instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    I was 26 when I first got NA and NP, but let them lapse, wasn't using them in the work I was doing (expensive mistake, I see now, LOL.)
    Now 33, regained NA/NA:Security last summer, and currently gearing up for the 'NP, in-between the three W's in my life: Wife, WGU, and Work :D

Edit: Didn't know my own age.

On another point, I remember when I first did the NA/NP, and I went to a bootcamp, and a guy there was like 20, and other people were joking on him (one guy in particular joked the most, and said he wouldn't trust his network to someone that young. This same guy had turned off spanning-tree in his network, and apparently worked for a major hospital in the Boston area, and was in charge of the switches. He might have been in his 30's ... needless to say, he failed like 3/4 of the CCNP exams, and you guessed it, he definitely failed BCMSN ... anyone who thinks its smart to turn off spanning tree doesn't know the first thing about switching)

For those not in the know, BCMSN was notorious as the easiest exam in the CCNP track back in the day, it was the one on switching.

I wonder if there are any major Boston hospital network failures in the news ... makes me think of those "routergods" video intros on Youtube, where they have the montage of idiotic network mistakes :D

And the young guy from the class? He got his IE within three years, and currently works for Cisco.
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • Options
    vinbuckvinbuck Member Posts: 785 ■■■■□□□□□□
    1st CCNA in 2003 at age 25
    2nd CCNA in 2010 at age 32
    1st CCNP in 2012 by around March at age 34
    1st CCIE before I die -which should be enough time for me to take the lab as many times as necessary icon_smile.gif
    Cisco was my first networking love, but my "other" router is a Mikrotik...
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Atleast you're optimistic, Vinbuck!

27, I think. I don't remember how old I am - it all blends together after 21.

18ish A+/Net+
    27 for CCENT
    27 for CCNA
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    laclac Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I think I was 24/25 when I got my CCNA, and started going after the CCSP. 3 tests in the CCSP I decided I just didn't feel like studying anymore. Young and foolish....
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Should I ask how young and foolish you are now, Lac?
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    laclac Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    33 years young! :)
  • Options
    SteakuddinSteakuddin Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    got my ccna this past dec, was 33. just turned 34 last week. plan on completing ccnp within the next year to year-and-a-half.
  • Options
    angel.oaangel.oa Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Got my CCNA this year at 24 :)
    Currently reading :study:

Routing TCP/IP, Volume 1 (2nd Edition)
    Implementing Cisco IP Routing (ROUTE) Foundation Learning Guide
    JNCIA - Junos Study Guide - Parts 1 & 2
  • Options
    NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Got my CCNA when I was 47, renewed it with a CCNP pass, almost 51 now

Knew the stuff before then, but having certs help us old guys prove we are keeping up with the new technologies.

Otherwise the kids think we only know mainframe stuff

;)
  • Options
    SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    20 When I got my CCNA
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • Options
    Morty3Morty3 Member Posts: 139
    I got my CCNA in 2009 aged 18. Later that year my friend got his aged 16. He is now soon to be a CCNP, he passed ROUTE for a few months ago.

I'm 21 and renewing my CCNA in a few weeks and then I'm taking CCDA before the summer.
    CCNA, CCNA:Sec, Net+, Sonicwall Admin (fwiw). Constantly getting into new stuff.
  • Options
    pacotacopacotaco Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Have completed Netacad 1-4. Currently studying for CCNA planning for Feb 2012

Currently taking Netacad 5 Route. Age 38 (for the next 5 days :))
    Looking to transfer to WGU to begin Bachelors in IT
  • Options
    Geek1969Geek1969 Member Posts: 100 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Started studying for A+ at 38....
    Cisco NetAcad - 40
    CCNA - 41
    CCNP - soon
    CCIE - possibly......
    WIP:
    ROUTE
  • Options
    fsanyeefsanyee Member Posts: 171
    I'm 25.
    Completed netacad 1-4 in 2006-2007
    I decided to take ICND1 in this month, and ICND2 in next..
  • Options
    MrXpertMrXpert Member Posts: 586 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm 33 now but started studying for all my certs a year ago.
    I'm an Xpert at nothing apart from remembering useless information that nobody else cares about.
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I was 24 when I got my CCNA. 27 when I got my CCNP and CCNA Security. I'm hoping to get my first IE before 30, but we'll see.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    seansabianseansabian Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I figured I'd chime in...I passed ICND1 last year at 43 years old. I got my A+ and MCSE NT4.0 back in 1999. I've been working with computers since 1997.
    ~ Sean
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    CCNA in 1999. 31 years of age.
  • Options
    alxxalxx Member Posts: 755
    Want to get my CCNA before I hit 40 in June.
    Goals CCNA by dec 2013, CCNP by end of 2014
  • Options
    tokhsstokhss Member Posts: 473
    My mom was CCNA so technically, its in my blood =)

on a real note, i was 28 when i got my ccna , i think lol
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'm 25 going for my CCNA this year once I finish up my MCSE cert :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    johnnyarksjohnnyarks Member Posts: 136 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sitting for ICND2 in Feb, so I'll be 27.