Best 3560 for getting all layer 3 features for CCNP SWITCH

OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Member Posts: 923 ■■■■□□□□□□
I have been looking at a 3560-PC-S 8 port with POE but they seem a little expensive. Is there a cheaper model that works great and still supports all the features I need?
:study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []

Comments

• azaghulazaghul Member Posts: 569 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Look for the c3560-24TC or 48TC, they will handle all but PoE.
  • theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The models you will find cheapest on eBay are the 24TS, 48TS, and 24PS. The last one supports PoE if you need it.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Member Posts: 923 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I can see why. They don't have EIGRP/OSPF support. I want these to be PoE though, as I may look into voice in the future and don't feel like buying something seperate. So with that said, I don't need switches supporting EIGRP/OSPF for SWITCH?
    :study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []
  • late_collisionlate_collision Member Posts: 146
    3560's should support EIGRP and OSPF, it's just a matter of the software feature set installed.

Cisco Feature Navigator - Cisco Systems

I found the price difference between the 3560's and 3750's was very small, so I picked up a couple of 3750's with POE. The 3560 and 3750 are pretty much the same switch except the 3750 supports stacking.
    I was aware the 3750s were stackable as I work with 3750xs at work. Didn't know they were that cheap though! Thanks!
  • aaron0011aaron0011 Member Posts: 330
    3750Xs are not cheap. The old 10/100 3750 models can be purchased relatively cheap on eBay.
    I was able to get one off of Ebay for 200. Thanks for the recommendation!
  • Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I plan on going for some 3550s. From what I am told the only limitation is no Private VLANS support.
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
    That's what I heard as well. By the way Daniel, congrats on your pass of NP ROUTE! ROUTE will be the harder of ROUTE and SWITCH for me as I primarily deal with multilayer switches and 6509/4006s
  • Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That's what I heard as well. By the way Daniel, congrats on your pass of NP ROUTE! ROUTE will be the harder of ROUTE and SWITCH for me as I primarily deal with multilayer switches and 6509/4006s

Thanks! I went for Route first as I am more familiar with the concepts from work. Feel free to drop me a PM on anything questions you may have with route! Good luck in your studies!
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi