Options

Server Hardware Monitoring Application - Suggestions

sasnimrodsasnimrod Member Posts: 99 ■■■□□□□□□□
I'm currently looking towards some application that can monitor server hardware made by different manufacturers (mainly IBM, HP, Dell). I could then use this application in order to monitor all the hardware within the server room, instead of having to login and constantly look at different tools such as HP SIM and IBM Systems Director.

So far I've come across Solarwinds' Server and Application monitor which seems to provide this capability as well as other monitoring features.

Do you have any suggestions as to other applications that are able to monitor server hardware? Ideally the solution should not be OS-dependent, since I need to monitor both Windows and Linux based machines.

Comments

• Options
    Jack2Jack2 Member Posts: 153
    Take a look at Manage Engine Opmanager this can support monitoring just about anything on your network.
    WGU Courses Completed at WGU: CPW3, EWB2, WFV1, TEV1, TTV1, AKV1, TNV1| TSV1, LET1, ORC1, MGC1, TPV1, TWA1, CVV1, DHV1, DIV1, DJV1, TXP1, TYP1, CUV1, TXC1, TYC1, CJV1
    Classes Transferred: BAC1, BBC1, LAE1, LAT1, LUT1 ,1LC1, 1MC1, QLT1, IWC1, IWT1, INC1, INT1, SSC1, SST1, CLC1
    WGU Graduate - BSIT 2014
  • Options
    sasnimrodsasnimrod Member Posts: 99 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks! icon_wink.gif I've had a look at their product page and it seems it does have the features that I'm looking for.

Further suggestions are more than welcome :)