Options

ccent short study book? /study sheet?

ecuadraecuadra Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
Is there a ccent book that is shorter in pages that I can read as a study guide after I read my 2 cisco networking books?

Comments

• Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Which two books have you used? Todd Lammle has a shorter review guide, but from what I remember, it is covers the entire CCNA test. If you pick that one up, you will obviously have to review just the subjects that are covered in the CCENT exam objectives.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Options
    ecuadraecuadra Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    introduction to networks and routing and switching essentials from the ccna exploration curriculum from network academy
  • Options
    mikeybinecmikeybinec Member Posts: 484 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I just purchased exam cram by Barker and Valentine and I like it. I'm taking my CCENT at the end of this month. I've read Lammle, Odom, Graziani, and I have the Boson practice exam.

Here's the weird stuff: Boson tossed in a question about the AUI interface.. this is a nonsense question and doesn't belong, but when you point that out to Boson, one of their minimum wage lackeys comes back with the response that it's part of CCENT.

Sigh... Can't find one official book that knows what's required
    Cisco NetAcad Cuyamaca College
    A.S. LAN Management 2010 Grossmont College
    B.S. I.T. Management 2013 National University
  • Options
    techwizardtechwizard Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am prepping for the CCNA 200-120, I am going for the composite exam. I am using labsim/testout as my main source of training and the exam cram Cisco CCNA routing and switching 200-120 book by Michael Valentine and Kieth Barker, as well as Todd Lammle CCNA study guide (Sybex) book. What I have been doing is, I open the exam cram book while watching a video or doing a virtual lab on labsim/testout, and that has been working out pretty well. Having additional information in front of me while doing a lab, for example, really helps. I use Todd's book in the same way, its just a much bigger book, Todds book is roughly 1100 pages vs 670 pages for the exam cram. I have Todd's book on my kindle and I ordered the physical paperback version of the exam cram, so I could have access to the CCNA cram sheet, which is at the very front of the book, and is a very nice compilation of CCNA 200-120 highlights.

I have been studying for the CCNA for about a month, and was hoping to take the exam soon, but due to the sheer amount of information, I am thinking I will have to push the test date back a little bit. I don't feel ready yet.
    "Never give up" ~ Winston Churchill
  • Options
    White WizardWhite Wizard Member Posts: 179
    mikeybinec wrote: »
    I just purchased exam cram by Barker and Valentine and I like it. I'm taking my CCENT at the end of this month. I've read Lammle, Odom, Graziani, and I have the Boson practice exam.

Here's the weird stuff: Boson tossed in a question about the AUI interface.. this is a nonsense question and doesn't belong, but when you point that out to Boson, one of their minimum wage lackeys comes back with the response that it's part of CCENT.

Sigh... Can't find one official book that knows what's required

lol, i know exactly what question your talking about.

Funny because Boson has questions on certain topics which were not on the exam.

I took the exam last week and failed with 722. With that said, if you have the Boson software I would focus on the command line questions where you have to do some digging to find the answers.

There was also some material on the exam that Boson did not cover at all. I used Boson for the Security+ and destroyed that exam but have mixed feelings about their CCENT software.
    "The secret to happiness is doing what you love. The secret to success is loving what you do."