March 26 CCENT Exam

Adam BAdam B Member Posts: 108 ■■□□□□□□□□
The Days are finally starting to dwindle down, so I'm going into hardcore review mode, Starting today. Labbing as well as reading and covering material the best I can using Todd Lammle's CCENT 100-101 study guide aswell as the 31 Days Before Your CCENT exam. I also have Measureup thanks to my highschool. The last time I took the cert mode test in measureup I scored an 89%. I feel very strongly about all the material, just going to review. Just figured I'd share with you all since I've been reading up on here as well for the past 3 months haha. If you've made it this far, thank you for reading and have a spectacular day d00ds.
2015 Goals: CCNP SWITCH [] SEC+ [ ] CCNP ROUTE [ ] CCNP TSHOOT [ ]

Comments

• ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    You have a good day as well sir, and good luck!
  • rembot00rembot00 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Goodluck to you bro! My advices on 100-101 would be practice subnetting,VLANs and ACL! And get a good grasp on the technical definition of terms as well, it will help you against the tricky word plays.
  • prdemonprdemon Member Posts: 54 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck Adam, I also have CCENT scheduled for this month ( 29th )
  • White WizardWhite Wizard Member Posts: 179
    Good luck man, definitely not an easy exam.

Taking mine next Thursday.
    "The secret to happiness is doing what you love. The secret to success is loving what you do."
  • Elijah09Elijah09 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck Adam!
  • TROJANS23TROJANS23 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Please share your experiences here and the Labsims you encouter
  • Adam BAdam B Member Posts: 108 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Tomorrow's the day. Pumped and nervous at the same time. I tend to be a bad test taker but ive studied my ass off and have a very good feel for the material. Going to review a bit tonight on show commands ect and maybe lab a bit, and then its off to the testing center

Good luck, word of advice: make sure you can destroy click troubleshooting scenarios 👍
    "The secret to happiness is doing what you love. The secret to success is loving what you do."
    Auto correct error, CLI troubleshooting.
    that's what I've been reviewing for the past two hours. Im good with configuration and troubleshooting for the most part, got the general show commands down. Finding BW, the encapsulation of an interface ect. I'm feeling confident at this point, but being my first cisco exam, you never know haha. Also got subnetting down, just hate when I get very weirdly worded questions is all haha

Btw thanks, Really appreciate the words of advice. And thank you everyone else for responding.

• aftereffectoraftereffector Member Posts: 525 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Take your time on each question - remember, you can't go back and review previous questions once you click "next". I forgot about this after taking some CompTIA and Microsoft exams.
    CCIE Security - this one might take a while...
  • PutneyPutney Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck, sounds like you're on top of it.
  • jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck! Leave the nervousness and butterflies at the door and go in and knock it out!

As said before, make sure you are committed to that answer as you cannot go back and review.

And don't freak out or panic if you come across a simulation! Just fall back to you're training and studies and you will be fine.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
    Passed the exam! I'll just say that I got a really high score so that I don't violate the NDA. Know Subnetting! Great test I woke up in the morning and did like 5 pumps of my fist and said ima make love to this ****. Feel confident and you can pass! thank you all for your encouragement.

Congrats! I failed my first time so I know it's not exactly an easy test. Now knock out that CCNA! 
    Yeah good luck to you man I know you can do it! But yeah Def gonna get started on CCNA with one of my friends from school. Knock out the ICND2 and hopefully maybe go for ccnp or ccna security haha. I shall see. Definitely want to mix in some programming to my knowledge though. I take a java class but im lost af haven't been paying attention lol.