Options

Cisco 6504-E Catalyst Switch

EdificerEdificer Member Posts: 187 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi,

I am looking for a sheet that explains all of the modules and parts that can be taken out replaced on these switches. If anyone has one I'd appreciate it. Thanks!
“Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” Confucius

Comments

• Options
    VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
    most of those can be found in the first hit

Let me google that for you
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Switches - Interfaces and Modules - Cisco

has all of them. You will have to go though the data sheets as some look similar but have different features.

Like the WS-X6716-10T-3C and [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]WS-X6816-10T-2T, both are 16 port 10gig modules, but one main difference is that one has 2 X 20GB links to the chassis back plane and the other has 2 X 40gb links. you also have the daughter cards that allow distributed forwarding and all the service modules.
    [/FONT]
    They are all listing on that page, but you will have to spend some time going through them all and understanding what the differences are. Some are obvious but other are more subtle.

feel free to ask more specifice questions once you have had a look if you want clarification.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • Options
    EdificerEdificer Member Posts: 187 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That was helpful, thank you very much.
    “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” Confucius