Options

Passed!

randyrandyrandyrandy Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just passed with a core of 801. I used the TestOut software for my studies.

From reading various threads, it seemed like Security+ was more difficult than Network+. For me, it was the opposite. I had no networking experience so Network+ was much more difficult (738 was my score).

icon_lol.gif

Comments

• Options
    donw35donw35 Member Posts: 78 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    jaywalkerjaywalker Member Posts: 90 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Goals for 2015: ICND1 [], ICND2 []

..........:cheers:
    A winner is you
  • Options
    Thanks guys! :D It was fun reading other people's Pass topics, and I'm glad I can finally join that group!
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    omi2123omi2123 Member Posts: 189
    congrats.....awesome job done.....
  • Options
    shart1971shart1971 Member Posts: 91 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass!!
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations.
    Way to go.
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Congrats!
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    Clem25Clem25 Member Posts: 51 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Should you have a networking background before studying up for SEC+? I'm wanting to change my career and get into IT Sec. I'm about to take my A+ exam, and was wondering if I should start on the Networking+ or would I be ok to go ahead and proceed with the SEC+. Thanks.
  • Options
    glenn126aglenn126a Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! What's next up for you?

Clem25: If time is not an issue, go ahead and start on the Network+. You'll be more prepared for the Security+. But if you want to go straight to Security+, there are a couple networking topics that you need to know such as understanding firewalls and knowing your port numbers and subnets. With that being said, I recommend Darril Gibson's Security+ book which explains the minimal networking topics that you need to know.
  • Options
    glenn126a wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass! What's next up for you?

Clem25: If time is not an issue, go ahead and start on the Network+. You'll be more prepared for the Security+. But if you want to go straight to Security+, there are a couple networking topics that you need to know such as understanding firewalls and knowing your port numbers and subnets. With that being said, I recommend Darril Gibson's Security+ book which explains the minimal networking topics that you need to know.

I will be taking Project+ Next. I am attending WGU.

@Clem25: I highly suggest you take Network+ first. On my study guide, I'd say about a quarter to a third of my lessons were about Network. If anything, you should just study the port numbers.