Options

Taking Exam Tomorrow

glenn126aglenn126a Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
Long time reader, first time poster. I finally got the time and money to study and take the Security+ exam.

I've been reviewing Gibson's study guide along with the practice questions book on Kindle. I've been scoring around the low to mid 90's. Wish me luck guys! I'll update as soon as I can tomorrow

Comments

• Options
    Cisc0kiddCisc0kidd Member Posts: 250
    Realize there are virtual lab questions on the Exam. Break a leg.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Get Darril Gibson's Network+ and Security+ application also. The interface is similar to the Windows 8 tiles but it is great before you go into the testing center. Depending on if you are an Android of iPhone user.
  • Options
    proph21proph21 Member Posts: 34 ■■■□□□□□□□
    glenn126a wrote: »
    Long time reader, first time poster. I finally got the time and money to study and take the Security+ exam.

I've been reviewing Gibson's study guide along with the practice questions book on Kindle. I've been scoring around the low to mid 90's. Wish me luck guys! I'll update as soon as I can tomorrow

Best of luck. The sims come first usually and some find them intimidating. If you find yourself spending too much time on them off the bat and becoming nervous or thrown off your game a bit, follow your gut, fill something in for the time being, and flag them to come back to later.

Also, you have a lot of time to take this exam. Re-read questions 2 maybe even 3 times if need be so you know what they are asking. Just wanted to give you those 2 quick tips that I found helpful to turn my exam experience into a calm one instead of a stressful one.
  • Options
    danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck on your exam, it seems like you have prepared well. Once you know the concepts, definitions of the lingo you will be good.
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Options
    I passed!!! I received a score of 869! I had 74 questions and 5 performance-based questions.

Thank you everyone for the support and advice!

I don't know what to get for my next certification. I'm deciding between Network+ or SSCP, since the CEH or GIAC certs are pretty expensive for me.
  • Options
    shyguyITshyguyIT Member Posts: 380
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    2017 Goals:
    Route[X], Switch [], TSHOOT[]
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    omi2123omi2123 Member Posts: 189
    i'd suggest to go for Network+ to get ur networking background more solid & then shoot for ccna(r&s)
  • Options
    aftereffectoraftereffector Member Posts: 525 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    CCIE Security - this one might take a while...
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm leaning towards getting the Network+ this summer. I heard that since I don't have experience, it's good to go with the neutral vendor certs before heading into anything specific.
  • Options
    donw35donw35 Member Posts: 78 ■■■□□□□□□□
    thats a great score, congrats