Options

Testing on CISSP 14 April 2014

13»

Comments

• Options
    jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would recommend studying the material if you see it in a variety of different sources, even if you feel it to be obsolete. It could still possibly be on the test.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • Options
    smotensmoten Member Posts: 33 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats jvrlopez, Congrats!!! outstanding effort, I am also targeting by the end of May'14, need you help to specific the practice question,
    I am following the official CBK and Eric Conrad 11th Hour, Total Tester and have a plan to go for cccure test please guide.
  • Options
    Thank you! Good luck on your exam next month! The 11th Hour is a great resource to utilize immediately prior to the exam (last couple of days up until right before).

I submitted my endorsement paperwork to my supervisor yesterday (he is a CISSP) and he submitted it to ISC2 today. I am eagerly awaiting their response and will be sure to reply once I have received a reply.

**Edit**

Just received ISC2's confirmation that they received and have queued my application for review ;)

I'll be sure to post the results and a complete and concise timeline of my CISSP journey once that is done!
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• Options
    Hi Javier, Thanks for your response, I am anxiously waiting to listen the success story and your guideline would help me lot towards achieving the milestone.
  • Options
    CERTS4LADYCERTS4LADY Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Job well done....
  • Options
    Amurray22Amurray22 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats. Hope the drink & dinner were good. Sounds like a nice way to cap off the experience.

Andy
  • Options
    Thanks guys! It was an interesting and challenging experience. I enjoyed it but am glad to be taking a break off from studying.
  • Options
    HI Jaiver, I am still waiting to listen your detail success story and need your guidelines towards achieving the milestone.
  • Options
    Been 19 days and still haven't heard back about my endorsement audit, the wait is driving me nuts! A few of my previous supervisors were out of the office recently so maybe they took the time to wait for them to get back. According to the email I received, if I don't hear back after 15 business days (this Thursday), I can email them.

The wait is driving me nuts!
  • Options
    da_vatoda_vato Member Posts: 445
    Just be happy you found out you passed when you finished the test.... For those of us who took the paper version we did find out for a couple of months, then start the endorsement process...

I'd contact them now if I were you, they are nice and will tell you what they can see.
  • Options
    Contacted them this morning via email. Hoping to get a response shortly, though I'm sure it'll be a reminder that the process can take a while.
  • Options
    Got my response today after work.

The email stated that they are having trouble reaching 2 of my supervisors that make up a majority (4 years) of my employment history. I expected this as both were out of the office when I originally submitted the audit information.

Luckily I spoke to both and they have given me their present contact info (I'm guessing ISC2 prefers phone calls) and I will be forwarding this info to the representative that emailed me (as a CC, going to email the org box ;)).

Can't wait until this is resolved!
  • Options
    Wow, didn't have to wait long to have it resolved! Replied this morning with updated contact information for my supervisors and they sent me the Congrats email around noon!

Great customer service and I can finally say that I am CISSP certified!

Here's my test timeline:

4/14 - Passed test
    4/16 - Submitted Endorsement
    5/1 - Received notice of random endorsement audit, submitted requested information
    5/23 - Emailed requesting update on endorsement audit
    5/27 - Received reply that 2 supervisors could not be reached.
    5/28 - Provided updated contact information to ISC(2), received congratulations email same day.

Thanks all for the positive feedback, well wishes, and praise for this thread!
  • Options
    da_vatoda_vato Member Posts: 445
    Congrats! Its been very inspiring following your CISSP journey. I wish you the best in putting this certification to work for you.
  • Options
    Got my hardcopy certificate today! Post marked the 9th of June, got here today. That was fast!
  • Options
    gooner1gooner1 Member Posts: 13 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I submitted my endorsement documents last Friday (6/6) and got the confirmation it was in queue for review on Monday, (6/9). Hopefully the review is quick and I get confirmation soon!