Options

Got another Study book, how good is this:

vaughnsvaughns Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All,

I got Sybex CCNA Fifth Edition. I got yesterday, Sybex CCNA FastPass.

Both books by Todd Lammle.

I am also using cbt nuggets. Also the Cisco Site, and exams.

and of course this site - which is really helpful.

Also I am using other sites .. but most of them are not as good as this one.

Am I on the right track to passing my CCNA?

Is anyone else using FastPass?

Comments

• Options
    EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Personally i dont know why your interested in a book called fastPass.Is your intention just to pass the exam or to learn the technology.These fastpass books might be of benifit to pass the exam but they will hurt you in the long run if you dont have a good foundation of knowledge.
    Anyway back to your question,it doesnt matter how many books you have, what matters is your ability to read and understand the contents.You have enough material so start studying!
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • Options
    lordylordy Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Your material is excellent.

I worked my way through CCNA with only the Sybex CCNA Guide (4th edition, very good) and the Boson stuff.

If you are able to grasp all the material you have you should be ready to go.

Best of luck !
    Working on CCNP: [X] SWITCH --- [ ] ROUTE --- [ ] TSHOOT
    Goal for 2014: RHCA
    Goal for 2015: CCDP
  • Options
    vaughnsvaughns Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the feedback. My intention is to really understand everything.
    Including the technology etc ...

I want to learn as much as I can, at the same time, I dont want to fail my exam next month, therefor: the FastPass book.

The thing I like about the Sybex Fifth Edition, it is very complete in knowledge wise etc ... This is the book I learn the most from (knowledge wise) The FastPast book, is just to help me not to waste too much time in the exam.

Hope I am making sense, and yes I am studying

Any other tips?
  • Options
    mikeyoungmikeyoung Member Posts: 101
    I like and used the Cisco Press books: CCNA Intro and CCNA ICND. They are all the reference you will need. Also, I always felt, that since the books and the EXAM are published by Cisco, you might have a few less ambiguos terms to deal with, or situations where configs are different.

But I will tell you that, like in many tests associated with training books, some of the answers may not be worded correctly, or may be out right WRONG. Just look the ones up, you have questions about.

Other than that, those are great books and fine references for later.

Mike
    Lack of will power has caused more failure than lack of intelligence or ability.
  • Options
    optimusoptimus Member Posts: 183
    never never never never never do that unless you want a light book to carry around, which is cool. You should get two authors at least before going with two Lammel books. The big Sybex book by Lammel is great. :P Then get the Cisco book by Odum. There is a really good book by Thompson_Prometric, but it might not be available in the States.

Don't listen too the attack about the FastPass book. icon_twisted.gif That little red fast pass book will come in handy when you want to carry around a light book with you when you are travelling, and can glance over it. Plus it looks cool and will impress the techno babes on the train icon_lol.gif Tell em its your light reading and you keep the heavy stuff at home. Who wants to carry those big heavy books around all day anyway? icon_confused.gif Save those big big books for when you are in the study. :o

Cheers!

0pt1mus
  • Options
    1Ste1Ste Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Fast Passes are good but only if you have other sources that go more indepth.

I have the fast pass for CCNA and Network+ Half way through the network + one and 1/7 through CCNA one, I ordered the Cisco Press self study CCNA ones offline, the intro and ICND one.

Edit: And they cam just now. Lol
    Working for Network+, Server+, CCNA, Security+, CCNP, CCIE. MCSE.

Bachelors Degree in computer information Systems.

Wanna help?