Question since I have been out of the Job Searching for so long

neo9006neo9006 Member Posts: 195
Hi guys,

I got this on this application today:

"I hereby affirm that the information provided on this application (and accompanying resume, if any) is true and complete. I also agree that any false information or significant omissions will disqualify me from further consideration for employment and may be considered justification for dismissal if discovered at a later date.
I authorize and agree to cooperate in any investigation of my past employment, education, and background and relieve from liability all persons or entities requesting or supplying such information.
I understand that any offer of employment is conditioned upon my successful completion of any of the company’s pre-employment screening processes; including, without limitation, the company receiving references that it considers satisfactory, and the satisfactory completion of any pre-employment physical examination the company may require.

I understand that should I accept an offer of employment, that either the Company or I can terminate my employment at any time for any reason not prohibited by law, that I am not being employed for any specific period of time and that this application does not constitute, nor is to be construed as a contract.

Is this normal nowadays. I guess with I been out so long. Any help is useful.

BAAS - Web and Media Design
Working on A+

Comments

• awitt11awitt11 Member Posts: 50 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Labor laws are very confusing. It depends on what state you live in. Right-to-work affects hiring and firing policies. The opposite of this might be 'Company cannot fire employee without cause and employee cannot quit without giving advance notice (or face penalties)'.
  • neo9006neo9006 Member Posts: 195
    Your telling me, I just feel like its not a full time gig, it says 32- 40 hours, and I do need health insurance.
    BAAS - Web and Media Design
    Working on A+