Options

Anyone been to GTMO Cuba?

jthunderbirdjthunderbird Banned Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
Looks like I may have an opportunity in Guantanamo Bay for a dod contractor.

I am currently a dod contractor in Texas and have been one in Hawaii and Afghanistan... but never even thought about Cuba til a couple days ago. Now it looks like I may have a line on a job in the near future.

Have not been told the pay yet, but am aware it will not reach Afghan levels. Has anyone on this board been, or know someone who has been, to Cuba as an IT contractor for the government?

Comments

• Options
    zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I haven't but just wanted to weigh in and say that definitely sounds like a interesting opportunity. Curious to see what others said and if anyone has or knows someone who has worked there.
  • Options
    QordQord Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I was there on several occasions from 97-03 but was active duty Navy, not a contractor. I don't know how much it's changed since then, but that place was exceptionally boring. All we did was drink and chase chickens around base.
  • Options
    jthunderbirdjthunderbird Banned Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Qord wrote: »
    I was there on several occasions from 97-03 but was active duty Navy, not a contractor. I don't know how much it's changed since then, but that place was exceptionally boring. All we did was drink and chase chickens around base.

So never heard any rumblings about how much the contractors made or anything? I know they have a bowling alley, golf course and beer so I think I will be all set on that front. Plus I plan on knocking out some CCIE studies while away from home. Got my CCNP last time I went to Afghan.
  • Options
    JockVSJockJockVSJock Member Posts: 1,118
    Put the politics aside in these videos and they will give you a small glimpse into life on GTMO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4PviULQT2c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3VQoi8I5L0
    ***Freedom of Speech, Just Watch What You Say*** Example, Beware of CompTIA Certs (Deleted From Google Cached)

"Its easier to deceive the masses then to convince the masses that they have been deceived."
    -unknown