Options

70-270. Can be done in four days.

webkido13webkido13 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I needed to get my MCP right before starting a new job. I started studying Thursday and took my exam Monday. I used the the MCSA/MCSE 70-270 Exam Prep 2 e-book I had (which incl. SP2 info), the Implementing and Supporting Microsoft Windows XP Professional e-book from 2001 (2272), the information on this site as well as some Transcender exams. Never touched a single piece of paper.

I passed with a 794 which is not the best score in the world, but not too bad either. I had quite a bit of experience with XP before taking the test so I think that helped a lot.

I just wanted to share this as I'm sure there are people here that need/want to do their MCP from today to tomorrow.

Comments

• Options
    spudnikspudnik Member Posts: 232 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    Ally77Ally77 Member Posts: 212
    Yeah congratulations!! However i dont think any other exams such as 290 would be as easily passed as that!too much in them!! :D
  • Options
    webkido13webkido13 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the congratulations. I don't think I can to the 290 the same way I did the 270 looking at the material. I'll probably study for about three weeks or so and set-up a small test lab. That seems like the best approach.
  • Options
    spudnikspudnik Member Posts: 232 ■■■□□□□□□□
    definatly setup a test lab, prop 2 server's & 1 client would be the best
  • Options
    KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    This is good to hear, as I've taken classes on XP and read up on it quite a bit. I'd like to get my MCP status for job-related activities. Not to put down those people who studied hard, long nights to get the cert. They have my respect. ;)

The windows XP OS is quite different from Windows server, but I hear that the material overlaps. Why? XP supports AD, but certainly doesn't have you configuring it. <_< I see there are technotes on this.

Sounds like the test is harder than it actually is.

KG
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680