Options

Got an amazing job!

After what has seemed to be a # of years and challenges, I have finally got an IT job that will challenge me and expose me to the latest tech with a managed services provider.

My main reason for this post is to inspire others looking for IT jobs as I know it can be difficult and seem insurmountable at times. I applied to so many places ranging from local to the greater Nashville area and always got what would seem like a guarantee of job placement only to have a recruiter never follow up or respond to my emails/ phone calls.

All I can say is don't give up, stay positive, and always move ahead even if that means fixing computers on the side just to stay in IT. 👍
"The secret to happiness is doing what you love. The secret to success is loving what you do."

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats! What is the role?
  • Options
    zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Like cyber said, congrats, tell us about the position itself.
  • Options
    White WizardWhite Wizard Member Posts: 179
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    Congrats! What is the role?

Essentially, it's my responsibility to prevent problems on a number of workstations and servers. Some would consider it entry level I suppose but considering the pay, benefits, and hardware that I will deal with on a daily basis, this is a huge step in the right direction for me.
    "The secret to happiness is doing what you love. The secret to success is loving what you do."
  • Options
    zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good stuff, soak it all up and learn all you can!
  • Options
    TheProfTheProf Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 331 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    Congrats White Wizard! Way to keep at it and working towards your dreams. Now use this opportunity to 1337up icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    Congrats man! Seems like you are happy about this position and thats what counts the most.
    Follow my CCDE journey at www.routingnull0.com
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    puertorico1985puertorico1985 Member Posts: 205
    As others have stated, NEVER stop learning. Congratulations, and I wish you the best in your new position.
  • Options
    coreyb80coreyb80 Member Posts: 647 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats and keep on moving on up icon_cheers.gif
    WGU BS - Network Operations and Security
    Completion Date: May 2021
  • Options
    shyguyITshyguyIT Member Posts: 380
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    2017 Goals:
    Route[X], Switch [], TSHOOT[]
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on your new job!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    wastedtimewastedtime Member Posts: 586 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratz, I'm hoping to get a job soon myself.
  • Options
    neo9006neo9006 Member Posts: 195
    Congrats, and you inspire the rest of us hoping to land a job soon ourselves.
    BAAS - Web and Media Design
    Working on A+
  • Options
    White WizardWhite Wizard Member Posts: 179
    Thank you everyone! I appreciate it!

Time to knock out A LOT of certs.
  • Options
    XyroXyro Member Posts: 623
    Congrats!

Thanks for posting this. I particularly relate to:
    I applied to so many places ranging from local to the greater Nashville area and always got what would seem like a guarantee of job placement only to have a recruiter never follow up or respond to my emails/ phone calls.

"You should be hearing from us ..." icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    Congratulations! MSPs are great places to learn a whole lot of IT. Don't be afraid to ask lots of questions.
  • Options
    AnonymouseAnonymouse Member Posts: 509 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! I'm always happy to see these sorts of posts.
  • Options
    iBrokeITiBrokeIT Member Posts: 1,318 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Sounds like a great start, congrats!
    2019: GPEN | GCFE | GXPN | GICSP | CySA+ 
    2020: GCIP | GCIA 
    2021: GRID | GDSA | Pentest+ 
    2022: GMON | GDAT
    2023: GREM  | GSE | GCFA

WGU BS IT-NA | SANS Grad Cert: PT&EH | SANS Grad Cert: ICS Security | SANS Grad Cert: Cyber Defense Ops SANS Grad Cert: Incident Response