Options

Follow up after interview

ClapDemCheeksClapDemCheeks Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
When having an interview, how do you guys follow up? I interviewed for this company two times and they said they will contact me within a week to let me know what are the next steps. It has been a week, i am thinking about sending an e-mail to them.

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Absolutely. If they said one week and that has elapsed, go ahead and reach out.
  • Options
    XyroXyro Member Posts: 623
    Generally I will not make a move in this position as I have learned that "we will contact you ..." is a brush-off procedure. By all means do it though if you feel this is best.
  • Options
    coreyb80coreyb80 Member Posts: 647 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I usually send a thank you email after the initial interview and leave it there.
    WGU BS - Network Operations and Security
    Completion Date: May 2021
  • Options
    IS3IS3 Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Xyro wrote: »
    Generally I will not make a move in this position as I have learned that "we will contact you ..." is a brush-off procedure. By all means do it though if you feel this is best.

This is so true in my opinion as i have experienced it but yeah there's nothing wrong with reaching out to them. Goodluck!
    :study:
  • Options
    VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    I once had an interview with a company and they said they'd contact me a week later. They didn't contact me after a week, so I sent a "thank you for the interview" email to the HR person. The HR person responded saying "I'm sorry I forgot to contact you, I was out for 4-5 days on vacation", then they sent me an offer letter, and I started working there the following week. If you're not contacted back, it may not always be a "brush off" tactic, real life happens and humans are not perfect...even to the people who you interview with.
  • Options
    XyroXyro Member Posts: 623
    It may not always be a brush off tactic but it often is, unfortunately. I think it is still worth the try though if you feel like putting your energy in that direction. I prefer to put my energy into applying for other jobs.