Options

Another pass thread!

emazemaz Member Posts: 34 ■■■□□□□□□□
I took the test today and passed. Just want to say that Darill's book was the key for me along with his app that he has for mobile devices. If you study and learn the material the test is not that bad. You could probably say that for every exam.icon_lol.gif

Comments

• Options
    donw35donw35 Member Posts: 78 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats and good job... whats next ?
  • Options
    Thanks! I'm going to go for the CCNA. I plan on doing the CCENT first then proceeding for the CCNA. I bought the Cisco CCNA routing and switching 200-120 bundle. I figure to not overwhelm myself go for the CCENT first (even though I had heard it is similar to network +, but has more Cisco related material in it).
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • Options
    XyroXyro Member Posts: 623
    Congrats! icon_cheers.gif

Good luck with ICND1.
  • Options
    IS3IS3 Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Did you pass Network + or Security +? was it hard? cause ill be taking my Security + and im using Darill's book as well.
    :study:
  • Options
  • Options
    Security+. No I found it to be easy for me, that isn't to say that it will be easy for all. I thought it was challenging in some aspects. You really have to know the material, as the wording in the questions really make you think. For example, out of the four possible choices that you have 2 may be correct in some cases, but one is considered to be more appropriate for the situation or scenario that they present to you in the question. If you read Darill's book and do his practice questions after the chapters as well as at the end of his book you will be ok.
  • Options
    glenn126aglenn126a Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Have fun studying for the CCENT!
  • Options
    JamesKurtovichJamesKurtovich Member Posts: 195
    emaz wrote: »
    Security+. No I found it to be easy for me, that isn't to say that it will be easy for all. I thought it was challenging in some aspects. You really have to know the material, as the wording in the questions really make you think. For example, out of the four possible choices that you have 2 may be correct in some cases, but one is considered to be more appropriate for the situation or scenario that they present to you in the question. If you read Darill's book and do his practice questions after the chapters as well as at the end of his book you will be ok.

That is definitely how CompTIA likes to structure their questions.

I hope to join you in the next couple weeks. I'm also going for my CCENT (and hopefully enrolling in WGU) once I have the Sec+.
  • Options
    TheChameleonTheChameleon Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I did 89% on Darrill's final book test (first time). Think this is enough to take the final test? However just yesterday I borrowed a Pearson Education Security+ book and took their two 100 question tests and did not do as well (80%). Their questions were much different from Darrill's book so I have a little pause in taking the actual test.

I will be scheduling for this Saturday I hope.
    emaz wrote: »
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!
    Good luck with CCNA.
  • Options
    donw35donw35 Member Posts: 78 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I did 89% on Darrill's final book test (first time). Think this is enough to take the final test? However just yesterday I borrowed a Pearson Education Security+ book and took their two 100 question tests and did not do as well (80%). Their questions were much different from Darrill's book so I have a little pause in taking the actual test.

use the questions you missed to guide your study and you will do fine