Passed the Security+ Exam!!!

Renaldo B.Renaldo B. Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone,

I am very new to this site. I joined about a couple weeks ago after I stumbled upon the site researching for Security+ information. I was very impressed with how knowledgeable and helpful everyone were. This forum was very encouraging and motivated me to take the exam sooner rather than waiting until next month as I had originally planned. With that being said, I passed the Security+ exam on yesterday!!! I used the following study materials along with this forum, lots of Internet researching on things that weren't clear to me, and study/practice questions:

Books:
  • CompTIA Security+ Deluxe Study Guide 2nd Edition by Emmett Dulaney (the book is very detailed, a little dated but the content is still relevant)
  • Security+ (SY0-301) LearnSmart Exam Manual (not as detailed, more like a glossary with some examples, for crammers, still found it useful)
Blogs:
-Blogs that gave great examples about the simulation part of the exam (I had six on the exam with a total of 75 questions):
Videos:
-Professor Messer's vids

If anyone was curious to know, I scored an 830/900.

I hope this will be helpful for someone. If I left anything out, I will add it later.

Renaldo