Options

Question regarding Telnet

bhattnbikesbhattnbikes Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

I was practicing with my Boson software and i want to telnet from one 2621 router to another 2621 router. The question i have is in the book it says on the configuration mode type "Telnet ip_address ". But i have 2 serial interfaces and 1 ethernet interface than which ip address should i use to telnet as in books there is nothing specified. It just says type in the ip address of the router
For Latest TEch NEws Check out : http://directfromdigg.blogspot.com/

Comments

• Options
    Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    you can use either one....as long as you configure the vty lines. Use the "login" statement on the vty lines and assign a password. Then from the other router telnet to one of the ip addresses. If you telnet to the Ethernet address, you need to make sure that the other router can see that interface (routing protocol or static route)...just ping it first to make sure.

Kenny
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • Options
    tunerXtunerX Member Posts: 447 ■■■□□□□□□□
    As long as the network is in a routing table in your directly connected router then you should be able to use it.