I joined the 70-410 fail club

I got a 684. I used CBT Nuggets, Infinite Skills, Mastering Server 2012 r2, R2 Exam ref, Technet, MeasureUp, and have my own Hyper V lab set up. I got a whole lot of powershell, and Yes/No. MS just frustrates me so much. I have been working for close to 10 years on servers and I can't pass their tests. It seems they test you more on trivia anymore than on actually working with the product. I plan to maybe take a week and go through everything again since I was so close.
WGU grad

Comments

• MSSoftieMSSoftie Member Posts: 190 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I failed my first time on that exam too. I just concentrated on the two lowest areas for me on my score report and made it through no problem the second time.
  • jmasterj206jmasterj206 Member Posts: 471
    I took it again today and passed with an 814. I still got a few questions that were out of scope, but must have got them from experience. Luckily, I took some notes from the first time around and got quite a few similar questions. I would say don't waste the money on the exam ref r2. It is just not deep enough. CBT Nuggets were OK. I think the best resources were the Mastering Windows Server 2012 r2, Infinite Skills videos, and mostly Technet. I did buy MeasureUp for practice exams, but they were meh. I think I will go Transcender for the 411.
    WGU grad
  • shyguyITshyguyIT Member Posts: 380
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    2017 Goals:
    Route[X], Switch [], TSHOOT[]
  • iBrokeITiBrokeIT Member Posts: 1,318 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I still got a few questions that were out of scope, but must have got them from experience.

Microsoft is known to throw unscored questions at you for evaluation purposes in future exams.
    2019: GPEN | GCFE | GXPN | GICSP | CySA+ 
    2020: GCIP | GCIA 
    2021: GRID | GDSA | Pentest+ 
    2022: GMON | GDAT
    2023: GREM  | GSE | GCFA

WGU BS IT-NA | SANS Grad Cert: PT&EH | SANS Grad Cert: ICS Security | SANS Grad Cert: Cyber Defense Ops SANS Grad Cert: Incident Response
  • kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats on the pass!!!
  • Params7Params7 Member Posts: 254
    Congrats on the pass. I'll be beginning my 410 studies soon..looks like it'll be a challenge and maybe I'll join the club icon_lol.gif
  • Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations you have successfully existed the 70-410 fail club...! all the best for the next exam!!!
  • MSSoftieMSSoftie Member Posts: 190 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. I was in the club myself for a while. It feels good to know I am not alone but feels better to have passed.
  • kingorankskingoranks Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats mate, can you tell me more about your Lab set up pls.
  • jmasterj206jmasterj206 Member Posts: 471
    I picked up a cheap Lenovo Thinkserver and installed Server 2012 r2 Datacenter on it and used Hyper-V to set up my lab. I felt it was better to use Hyper-V since it is part of the exam objectives and I learned a lot from that. For my lab I set up a Full GUI server and a server Core that were domain controllers and a standalone server not attached to the domain to work with RSAT tools, etc. I also had a Win 8.1 client to work with file shares, GPO's, etc. Hope that helps.
    WGU grad
  • Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I took it again today and passed with an 814. I still got a few questions that were out of scope, but must have got them from experience. Luckily, I took some notes from the first time around and got quite a few similar questions. I would say don't waste the money on the exam ref r2. It is just not deep enough. CBT Nuggets were OK. I think the best resources were the Mastering Windows Server 2012 r2, Infinite Skills videos, and mostly Technet. I did buy MeasureUp for practice exams, but they were meh. I think I will go Transcender for the 411.

I just bought this book this weekend to study for the 70-410 ... my question to you is what sections did you study for the exam. This book is hug to study all of it... Any kind of help would be great...

Thanks,
    2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
  • kingorankskingoranks Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Guys, which ever book you buy, read it for knowledge and understanding. You will need more than any book for the exam trust me. I did the exam last wk got 680+. It ruined my wkd went back this wk and smashed 800+. It drained my energy, felt physically tired. 70-411 next
  • jkongbonmejkongbonme Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your 70-410. I'm planning to take it soon. Currently I using the written by Williams Panek Windows Server 2012 with some online practice exam that the book refer to from Sybex.
  • daviddwsdaviddws Member Posts: 303 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Ugh. I hate Microsoft tests, but I will probably start studying for the MCSA 2012 later this year. Good luck to all of you in this battle with M$!