Options

FREE Voucher Code for Server+ EXPIRES TODAY!!!

Aplus101Aplus101 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
SERVER+ from CompTIA it expires TODAY APRIL 1st 2014 was hoping to get money for it, but was out of luck

Voucher # CMEH8128393F

best of luck

Dan

Comments

• Options
    jesseou812jesseou812 Member Posts: 61 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Taken... Thanks!

I will pay it forward.
  • Options
    tprice5tprice5 Member Posts: 770
    I would be bummed about missing this if I hadn't all ready taken this exam.
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    Start Date: 10/01/2014 | Complete Date: ASAP
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2
  • Options
    Took the test and passed with a 818/900. Not really great but considering I had all of an hour to prepare, what do you expect?
  • Options
    Aplus101 (Dan), tried to send you a PM, but you have them shut off. Would like to speak with you in private.
  • Options
    danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    holy cow, good job never seen anything like this lol
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Options
    Was this the online proctored pilot exam? That's actually how I got mine last October/November.
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2
  • Options
    Don't know what you mean by a "online proctored pilot exam." I am very close to a Pearson exam site which is where I went to check the voucher and schedule the test. It's most certainly proctored and the testing room is monitored by cameras. Had to clear my pockets and turn in my cell phone and wallet before testing. Proctor setup the machine and I started the test. Test said noting about a pilot exam. The screen told me plainly I was taking the Server+ exam.

I am not the sharpest pencil in the desk and this was not a hard test by any means to take right out of the blue. Anyone who has passed A+, Net+ or Sec+ should be able to pass this test with minimal study time.

I would recommend knowing the following:

Know the TCP/IP and UDP ports (you should already know these if you have been working on servers)
    Know basic TCP/IP commands; input, output and application (basic stuff that you probably already know and use daily)
    Server types and application (DNS, AD, NAS, SAN etc...) very basic
    SCSI types, application and throughput
    RAID types and application (several Qs on this)
    Backup types and application (very basic)
    Steps troubleshooting and maintenance (First to final steps)
    SAN and NAS application (again, very basic)
    Network documentation (basic)
    Virtual servers (basic application and use)
  • Options
    The online proctored exam was a pilot program that CompTIA did with Server+. It allowed you to take the exam from home and be proctored via your web cam. I only assumed this is what you did based on your fast turn around from obtaining the voucher to passing the test.

Congrats on the pass though. Don't down play it too much, there is a lot of specialized information on the exam that you wouldn't see elsewhere.
    WGU MSISA
  • Options
    SweenMachineSweenMachine Member Posts: 300 ■■■■□□□□□□
    jesseou812 wrote: »
    Took the test and passed with a 818/900. Not really great but considering I had all of an hour to prepare, what do you expect?

I feel this is one big April Fools Joke and everyone is suckered in....
  • Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    I feel this is one big April Fools Joke and everyone is suckered in....

My thoughts exactly.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    Don't know why you think it's a joke or your are being suckered. What makes you fell that way?

The real joke was how easy that test was to pass.

As soon as Comptia posts the fulfillment, I'll post a screen shot here.
  • Options
    BobbyDCBobbyDC Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I thought you couldn't schedule a test the same day. I've always had to do the next day, etc.
  • Options
    BobbyDC wrote: »
    I thought you couldn't schedule a test the same day. I've always had to do the next day, etc.

Here is why I figured it was a joke:

1. random poster with no other posts mentions a free voucher on april fools day
    2. 3 hours later you say you passed said exam with 1 hour of studying and got a high score

First, the logistics seemed off. I didn't know you could schedule an exam in person. Even with that said, rarely have seen any testing center just take a walk up, although I am not saying they don't. I didn't know you could facilitate a voucher through the proctor or the person working the front desk. If they don't accept cash at the desk, I can't see how they would have operations to accept a voucher at the desk (although I know technology would allow this)

Just feels/felt fishy to me. If you are stating it's not an april fools joke, well then you are very impressive. I just had my doubts.
  • Options
    I can see with your explanation why you think this may be pulling your leg.

I went in person to the Pearson exam site. I told the person at the desk that a person posted a voucher for Server+ but it expires today. I asked her if it would be possible to test the same day. She said if the voucher was legit and she had an open computer I would be able to take the exam. She checked the voucher and said it was good. She told me she had an opening at 1 PM and I could test if I wanted. I told her I would take that time.

I don't know if any rules were broken about scheduling in person. I doubt if this was the rule she would have broken it as these test centers are pretty strict about procedures. She registered the voucher against my name, took my picture and uploaded it to Pearson and we were done in only moments. After I was done testing, she printed my score sheet with my picture on it.

Do not let this score fool you or think this was some monumental achievement. I am far from a mental giant. I have been in the computer business for 20+ years so it's not like I have not seen this material. Some of the questions on this test were so basic and the answer so obvious you would have be very very green to choose the wrong answer. Some of the questions (SCSI types, application and throughput and scenario types) I had no clue and just guessed.

Dan did a good thing posting his voucher for a shot at the test. I bet good things come back his way in one way or another.
  • Options
    jesseou812 wrote: »
    I can see with your explanation why you think this may be pulling your leg.

I went in person to the Pearson exam site. I told the person at the desk that a person posted a voucher for Server+ but it expires today. I asked her if it would be possible to test the same day. She said if the voucher was legit and she had an open computer I would be able to take the exam. She checked the voucher and said it was good. She told me she had an opening at 1 PM and I could test if I wanted. I told her I would take that time.

I don't know if any rules were broken about scheduling in person. I doubt if this was the rule she would have broken it as these test centers are pretty strict about procedures. She registered the voucher against my name, took my picture and uploaded it to Pearson and we were done in only moments. After I was done testing, she printed my score sheet with my picture on it.

Do not let this score fool you or think this was some monumental achievement. I am far from a mental giant. I have been in the computer business for 20+ years so it's not like I have not seen this material. Some of the questions on this test were so basic and the answer so obvious you would have be very very green to choose the wrong answer. Some of the questions (SCSI types, application and throughput and scenario types) I had no clue and just guessed.

Dan did a good thing posting his voucher for a shot at the test. I bet good things come back his way in one way or another.

Well, I stand corrected! :)

-scott
  • Options
    Well, I stand corrected! :)

-scott

It's all good Bro! It's a good thing to call folks out sometime and throw the B.S. flag on the play. It keeps the techexam community pure in idea, thought and deed. icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    Cert PoorCert Poor Member Posts: 240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Darn, and to think I blew like $240 a couple weeks ago when I took Server+. Wonder where in the world the free voucher code came from and why it was such a last-minute deal.
    In progress: MTA: Database Fundamentals (98-364)
    Next up: CompTIA Cloud Essentials+ (CLO-002) or LPI Linux Essentials (010-160)
    Earned: CompTIA A+, Net+, Sec+, Server+, Proj+
    ITIL-F v3 2011 | ServiceNow CSA, CAD, CIS | CWNP CWTS
  • Options
    Definitely overpriced.
    WGU MSISA
  • Options
    danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The moral of this story? Don't get fooled by April Fool's Day.
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None