Options

Failed SWITCH today

dirtyharrydirtyharry Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
726/1000. Passing was 790.

The questions and answers seemed more ambiguous then ROUTE.

Also, I got stuck on a Sim for 15-20 minutes. I had about 10 questions left when the time ran out.

Getting back on the horse in 7 days. I'm going to refresh and attack the sections in which I did poorly.

Comments

• Options
    thenappyonethenappyone Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I agree this exam seemed to be more difficult than Route and I bet I know which Sim you got stuck on. I wouldn't have made it through with out relying on the help menu.
  • Options
    RouteMyPacketRouteMyPacket Member Posts: 1,104
    I agree this exam seemed to be more difficult than Route and I bet I know which Sim you got stuck on. I wouldn't have made it through with out relying on the help menu.

So what got you, HSRP? Routing Protocols?
    Modularity and Design Simplicity:

Think of the 2:00 a.m. test—if you were awakened in the
    middle of the night because of a network problem and had to figure out the
    traffic flows in your network while you were half asleep, could you do it?
  • Options
    thenappyonethenappyone Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I actually did better on the Switch than Route. There was just one sim i totally didn't expect.
  • Options
    late_collisionlate_collision Member Posts: 146
    dirtyharry wrote: »
    Getting back on the horse in 7 days. I'm going to refresh and attack the sections in which I did poorly.

Keep at it! 726 is not that far off, especially after you've seen the material once. Focus on the weak area's and schedule your exam retake soon. You'll get it next time.

My game plan was to budget 15-20 minutes per simulation. Some simulations took almost that whole time, while I was able to complete others in less time. All in all, I still had almost 20 minutes on the clock when I finished. I believe the trick to the simulators is to spend the time to actually verify your configuration after you have configured it. If available, use the simulated hosts to ping. Another trick I found, since you cant modify the host configuration, if you are able to look at their configuration, it may give some clues to what you need to do.

Keep us posted, we'll be looking for your pass thread in a couple weeks :)
  • Options
    MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Honestly, I'd take this as an almost pass. Especially since you had 10 questions left and had a score of 726. Study some more and go and knock that exam out of the ballpark!
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    RouteMyPacketRouteMyPacket Member Posts: 1,104
    Ok, so next time you sit it and the PC churns (my centers churn letting me know a sim is being loaded. lol) sit back and relax, take a breath, read the summary and write down specific notes on your board they give you. This will keep you from going back and forth between the devices and the summary.

Next time when you pass it's going to be all the sweeter, congrats in advance!
    Modularity and Design Simplicity:

Think of the 2:00 a.m. test—if you were awakened in the
    middle of the night because of a network problem and had to figure out the
    traffic flows in your network while you were half asleep, could you do it?
  • Options
    KelkinKelkin Member Posts: 261 ■■■□□□□□□□
    dont beat yourself up.. As I recall some of the questions were worded really bad..
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Don't fret...
    The SWITCH exam is definitely the hardest exam I've ever taken.
    Just study some more and try again.
  • Options
    f0rgiv3nf0rgiv3n Member Posts: 598 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Agreed with everyone on here. Switch is a tough exam. It's the TRICKIEST I've ever taken!
  • Options
    tink334tink334 Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I to agree I passed route on first try, but switch I made the same score as you on first attempt. Schedule it ASAP and knock this out then schedule Tshoot 2 weeks later. This worked for me... Tshoot is the most fun, Switch was the hardest and Route was the most boring. Good Luck!!!!
  • Options
    Thanks for the good vibes and tips guys!

I rescheduled the exam for 4/11/2014. Maybe I should reschedule it for sooner...
  • Options
    Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Jesus! I hope Switch isn't more difficult than Route. I had a very difficult time with route....

But hey don't fret it. That is very close and considering you didn't anwer 10 questions you essentially passed but just didn't have time to do so :)

Good luck and keep us updated!
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    xnxxnx Member Posts: 464 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What do people find the hardest on CCNP Switch? If all goes well i'll start on it next year (hopefully after a CCNP curriculum revision)
    Getting There ...

Lab Equipment: Using Cisco CSRs and 4 Switches currently
  • Options
    d4nz1gd4nz1g Member Posts: 464
    I failed SWITCH once too, bro.

It was the hardest exam i've ever took.

Review the whole content again, and you need a LOT of attention to go through it.

Pay special attention to qos hsrp/vrrp and glbp.
  • Options
    bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The problem with SWITCH (at least this is what I found) isn't that it's HARDER than ROUTE, but that since there's really less to it, a lot of the questions end up being "tricksy"
    Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno
  • Options
    Passed today.

I had 45 minutes left.

I got my time management straight!

Hardest Cisco test I've taken.

Thanks for the tips and good vibes!
  • Options
    JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117
    Congrats! What were your study materials and lab?
    2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.
  • Options
    JeanM wrote: »

CBT Nuggets
    Switch Simplified
    3750G x 2
    3560 x 2
    2950 x 2
  • Options
    JeanM wrote: »

Thanks!
  • Options
    chandima5320chandima5320 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congra. on your next attempt!!!!
  • Options
    ChitownjediChitownjedi Member Posts: 578 ■■■■■□□□□□
  • Options
    chob11chob11 Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I am taking the SWITCH today. Hopefully I can manage my time well.