Options

CISSP - Passed - 04-01-2014

BenchwarmersBenchwarmers Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just passed the CISSP exam today! This was an exhausting exam that takes quite a of mental ability to complete as well as intense and disciplined study habits. I just wanted to thank all of the folks on this site who have been so helpful in sharing their experiences with the ones working hard to achieve the success that you have accomplished! Realistically, your successes are what kept me going some nights of difficult study. As with most of the folks on here, my study material matches most:

AIO 6th ed (I started with the 5th ed, but decided to purchase the ebook after downloading the 3 free pdf chapters from Shon Harris' logical security website - I quickly noticed the updated material and differences) A long read, but WELL worth it!

Eric Conrad's Study Guide 2nd Ed - Concise, but too concise; I felt like it was missing important and relevant material.

ISC2 CBK 2nd ed - Good, but the material was outdated and I fell asleep many times during the read LOL!!

Sunflower pdf - very good

Any other additional reading material I could find (whitepapers, references, etc)!

CCCure.org paid test questions
Transcender test questions
AIO chapter summary questions
Eric chapter summary Conrad questions

Good old-fashioned note-taking - I discovered that I had wrote a novel of around 50 pages of notes when all said and done...

Well worth it. I will now start my endorsement campaign!!

Cheers!

Comments

• Options
    sameojsameoj Member Posts: 366 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats and welcome to the TE forums.
  • Options
    MajorMulliganMajorMulligan Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Awesome job, congrats! It was a tough test wasn't it? I read several of the resources you did as well. I also utilized the CISSP video series on CBT Nuggets.

- MM
  • Options
    Thanks MM and congrats to you as well!
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • Options
    sojournsojourn Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations.
    Good old-fashioned note-taking - I discovered that I had wrote a novel of around 50 pages of notes when all said and done...

I think some people overlook the importance of this. This is the single most important thing I've done so far with my CISSP prep. It helps the most with retention.
  • Options
    Amurray22Amurray22 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats.

Are you planning a special way of disposing of your notes now? I enjoyed throwing away all my paper flash cards & someone else recommended burning them.

Andy
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,035 Admin
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

I like to keep all of my study notes, loose track of them, and find them years later and have fun reading through them again. Yeah, kinda nerdy.
  • Options
    GarudaMinGarudaMin Member Posts: 204
    I hope you won't say 'April Fools' Day'. :P

Congrats!
  • Options
    Thank you, JD and thanks for having such a great forum! I am highly inspired to move on to my next certification. I'm thinking CISM or ISSMP - thoughts? Classic! You never know when those old notes will come in handy! I sent in my endorsement paperwork this morning and received an email of receipt and a few hours later. They say that it will take 6 weeks to process.