Options

Failed 200-101 - Need Advice

bhoglanbhoglan Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi folks,
I just did my first attempt at the 200-101 for ICND2 today. For a little background, I passed my ICND1 back in July but I took the 640 series exam for that one. I brushed up on the topics I missed using new 100-101 study materials and then went through the CBT nuggest for 200-101 along with the Cisco Press book for 200-101. On my score report today it looks like the topic in which I scored the lowest was IP Services. That's a pretty vague topic heading so I'm not positive what I should brush up on. Just based on the questions that I had, I know I need to re-study both frame relay and STP (and it's variants).

Does anybody have any pointers for me?

Thanks!
Brian

Comments

• Options
    xnxxnx Member Posts: 464 ■■■□□□□□□□
    [h=3]6% 3.0 IP Services[/h]
      • 3.1 Recognize high availability (FHRP)
        • 3.1.a VRRP
        • 3.1.b HSRP
        • 3.1.c GLBP
      • 3.2 Configure and verify syslog
        • 3.2.a Utilize syslog output
      • 3.3 Describe SNMP v2 & v3

Focus on other parts with low scores, very little weighting for this section
    Getting There ...

Lab Equipment: Using Cisco CSRs and 4 Switches currently
  • Options
    Ok thanks for the advice
  • Options
    TechnoracerTechnoracer Member Posts: 105 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Like xnx said, study the IP services material, but put more time into other areas, because of the amout of material covered. I attempted to pass the ICND2 last month, and got a 100% on IP services, but failed the exam because of time constraints, and guessing on lab sims. Troubleshooting, Routing Protocols, STP, and Frame Relay are very important.
  • Options
    Thanks for your input as well. I've decided two things:
    1. I really effed myself because I didn't take notes. At all. I'm an avid note-taker and while I don't typically refer back to them, the process of writing the ideas in my own words helps me internalize them. For some reason, the idea of taking notes for this class didn't occur to me in the slightest. So I've decided to go back and takes notes on: STP, Frame Relay, and FHRP's.
    2. I've decided to review the material on STP, Frame Relay, and FHRP's.
  • Options
    OfWolfAndManOfWolfAndMan Member Posts: 923 ■■■■□□□□□□
    How did you do on WAN technologies? Routing technologies? What about the Sims? Where do you feel YOU need to brush up on?
    :study:Reading: Lab Books, Ansible Documentation, Python Cookbook 2018 Goals: More Ansible/Python work for Automation, IPSpace Automation Course [X], Build Jenkins Framework for Network Automation []
  • Options
    Jamm1nJamm1n Member Posts: 106 ■■■□□□□□□□
    For both ICND1 and 2 it was the labs that slowed me down, having to organize the windows and finding the information from the show commands... If I could go back I would focus more on troubleshooting and subnetting (INCD1). I was book heavy and lab light if that makes sense.
  • Options
    OfWolfAndMan: I did alright on the other topics in the test, 70's and 80's in each. I think with my updated study plan, I'll see improved scores in each topic area. Among the topics I listed already, I'm adding ACL as a "not so strong area". Jamm1n: I did pretty well on the labs, there was one that focused a lot on one of the topics which needs review, but short of that one, I think I did well. I've got a lab setup at home that I've used extensively, however I did skimp quite a bit in the frame relay area of my labs. In retrospect, that was a mistake. Again, thanks everyone for your feedback and comments. I appreciate them.