Options

Switch passed - now route 642-902

samuel.lao85samuel.lao85 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

Recently I passed SWITCH exam after failing the first try.

Now I'm going with ROUTE. I read some posts about GNS3 as a practice tool for commands. I'm a newbie with GNS3 and was hopping you can advice me about which IOS routers should I get in order to use for my labs ?

I'm not sure if IOS are available for free to use with GNS3, so if you can clarify that to me would be usefull too.

Regards,

Comments

• Options
    late_collisionlate_collision Member Posts: 146
    I was in your shoes about a week ago. Based on the searching that I did, I settled on using the 3725 with adventerprisek9-mz.124-15.T14 image.

The IOS images are not free, you must purchase them from Cisco.

If you already own routers, most folks will use that image, if it is supported by GNS3.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    Samo3411Samo3411 Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i used c3640-jk9s-mz.124-16.bin, you can download it from 4shared or if you just google it you will find many sites to download from. its better to get different IOS images some will support more commands than others.