Options

70-685 Exam

bharvey92bharvey92 Member Posts: 419
Hi Guys,

My company I am currently working for are sending me on the Windows 7 70-685 course. I have studied mostly Cisco tracks CCNA/CCNP, are the Microsoft courses much different from Cisco's?

Any advice or tips for studying for the exam to?

Thanks!
2018 Goal: CCIE Written [ ]

Comments

• Options
    Brandonm2Brandonm2 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey man!!
    I would say the best thing to do would be to...
    1 Set up a home lab. I have virtual machines set up in oracle virtual box that I use for windows 7. I also have set up a Windows Server 2008 R2 on another physical computer that is running Windows 8.So the server is set up in Hyper-v manager(a feature you can add in programs and features) on Windows 8. Sounds complicated but is actually very easy to set up.

Also check technet's website where you can find free evaluation's of win 7 and the server software! Big help!!

Setting up a server environment is the only way to go. I am studying for the 680 and plan to take it in a few weeks and without at least being able to test some stuff out that requires a domain environment I would be so lost.... I think the 685 deals more with troubleshooting windows 7 and does not require as much server knowledge but I'm sure it deals some with a domain environment. Are you taking the 680 at some point too? I hear that the 685 is a little harder than the 680.
    Hope this helps!!
  • Options
    omi2123omi2123 Member Posts: 189
    brandon, where can i find a trial version of windows7 ultimate or enterprise edition? can't seem to find it in technet?
  • Options
    Brandonm2Brandonm2 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey man!!
    ya it is a little tricky to find... kinda.. here you go! Previous Versions