Options

MY CCIE R&S Thread

2»

Comments

• Options
    kryollakryolla Member Posts: 785
    I finished eigrp section for WB1 and cert guide. Traffic filtering was pretty straight forward until I got to task 5.22 they worded it differently than what I'm used to so I spent a while trying to figure it out then I said screw it and went to the other tasks. When I went back to it I had to undo some of the other tasks in order for it to work. I was trying to filter a route outbound on a per prefix/per neighbor and I couldn't wrap my head around it instead of deny it inbound from all the neighbors except to the neighbor I wanted to route the traffic to.

Tomorrow is t-shoot vids then Narbik WB. I also got Boson test questions so I'll be going through all of layer 2 questions this week.
    Studying for CCIE and drinking Home Brew
  • Options
    Narbik WB for eigrp is done. He doesn't have any traffic filtering but I learned for 12.4 you can only have the leak map on the physical or main interface so he shows you a different way if you want a leak map on the sub interface but on 15 you can put it on the sub interface. His topology also has 4 AS so it was nice looking at the neighbors ,routes, and interfaces with the eigrp AS. Other than that pretty straight forward on the questions. OSPF is next
  • Options
    I also forgot to add with Narbik one AS was configured for just delay and the other AS was for bandwidth. Delay is pretty simple just get the cumulative delay drop a zero and multiply by 256 and I just found out that bandwidth is just as simple remove zeros then multiply by 256 i.e if fast Ethernet is min bandwidth then it's 100,000 k, 10^7/100,000 (7 zeros - 5 zeros is 2 zeros) = 100*256 or 25600 and if you are doing both bandwidth and delay you just add both up then multiply by 256. The equation that you see a lot is confusing at least to me. Its all about the zeros. Having a feasible successor is very important and learning to manipulate the advertised distance so you meet the feasibility condition.
  • Options
    I went through the OER INE lab because its on the written v4. I didn't know OER was this complicated good thing its not on v5 lab. My lab wouldn't work with INE lab because I have 15.0 (R4 & R5) and it looks like its not compatible with the 2600 version of OER so the internal and external interfaces wouldn't come up. It also doesn't have the protocol command under oer master/learn. My R6 has 12.24T but it isn't used in INE lab for MC or BR. I also did the layer 2 test questions from boson and didn't do that good, I thought it would be a lot of apply the knowledge type questions instead of memorizing stuff but I took about 2 pages worth of notes. VTP v3 I didn't know was so different than v2. I watched some INE vids on OSPF and I'll probably start the INE lab either tomorrow or the next day.
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    OER was reason enough to put me off rushing for a v4 lab :)
  • Options
    bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Couldn't agree more.
    Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno
  • Options
    INE OSPF lab is done. I felt really comfortable navigating the OSPF database. All the task I thought were really good I only on got stuck on one which is 6.14 the virtual link wouldn't come up until I lowered the cost. I don't know why it happens if anybody can tell me. Also on 6.39 it wouldn't filter that 1 route and it would instead filter both and I also tried to with a route-map match route source and still wouldn't work if anybody know why please share. A lot of ah ha moments with this lab. Next up is watching t-shoot vids then narbik ospf WB.
  • Options
    gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Remember that all that time you spent learning OSPF network types will not have been in vain.

DMVPN and OSPF anyone?
  • Options
    OSPF Narbik WB is done. I have the written at the end of the month which means I cant start on redistribution since I've completed all the IGPs so up next is BGP. I feel like I don't have enough time to study for the written, I want to complete the labs for BGP, MPLS and multicast before I take the written