Options

Any sub netting questions in Security+ exam

Hunter85Hunter85 Member Posts: 60 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello everyone,

I have scheduled my comptia security+ exam for next week friday. Now I am generally doing some practice exams but I realized that there are also sub-netting questions in those practice exams? Do you know if there are any questions regarding sub netting?

Comments

• Options
    ScrawnyRonnieScrawnyRonnie Member Posts: 112
    I just took it on Saturday and I didn't have questions on subnetting. I do recall seeing 1 subnetting question in my practice questions, but not on the real exam. If you happen to get one I'm sure it will be basic.
    :lol:
  • Options
    Hunter85Hunter85 Member Posts: 60 ■■■□□□□□□□
    thank you for your comment

And may I ask how were the interactive questions? I couldnt find any free example on internet, I am just solving multiple choice questions. Do i need to study separate for those ones?
  • Options
    JockVSJockJockVSJock Member Posts: 1,118
    Hunter85 wrote: »
    thank you for your comment

And may I ask how were the interactive questions? I couldnt find any free example on internet, I am just solving multiple choice questions. Do i need to study separate for those ones?

When I took the exam in 2010, I didn't have any subnetting questions, however that could have changed.

I would recommend checking out Dan's Courses on youtube. I feel he explains subnetting very well and even has examples here.
    ***Freedom of Speech, Just Watch What You Say*** Example, Beware of CompTIA Certs (Deleted From Google Cached)

"Its easier to deceive the masses then to convince the masses that they have been deceived."
    -unknown
  • Options
    ScrawnyRonnieScrawnyRonnie Member Posts: 112
    I don't remember having any issues with the interactive questions. There may be matching, drop down menus (select correct option), or a pool of answers that must all be used. Separate study isn't required, but if you have at least a decent understanding of the concepts and terminology you'll be fine. Memorizing ports is important as I had a few questions on that as well.
    :lol:
  • Options
    iBrokeITiBrokeIT Member Posts: 1,318 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Took it last week, no subnetting questions
    2019: GPEN | GCFE | GXPN | GICSP | CySA+ 
    2020: GCIP | GCIA 
    2021: GRID | GDSA | Pentest+ 
    2022: GMON | GDAT
    2023: GREM  | GSE | GCFA

WGU BS IT-NA | SANS Grad Cert: PT&EH | SANS Grad Cert: ICS Security | SANS Grad Cert: Cyber Defense Ops SANS Grad Cert: Incident Response
  • Options
    djentlemetaldjentlemetal Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Trust me, there aren't going to be any subnetting questions for that particular exam. I find it odd that some of the practice exams you guys took had anything having to do with subnetting (actually performing subnetting?) in them.
    AAS - Networking and Cyber Security
    Security+ COLOR=red]X[/COLOR CCENT COLOR=#FF0000]X[/COLOR CCNA: R&S COLOR=#FF0000]X[/COLOR CCNA: Collaboration [ ]
  • Options
    JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You might get a subnetting question in Network+ but probably not Security+. There are network related questions in the exam but they don't ask you to do subnetting.
  • Options
    captaincrunchy6captaincrunchy6 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just passed my test today, no subnetting. Closest you might get is to see if an up is on the same vlan. Just turn the last octets into bits and find the matching pairs.you'll be fine
  • Options
    omi2123omi2123 Member Posts: 189
    no....sec+ never has any subnetting questions....no need to worry bout it...