Options

R2 content is here for 70-413 (and 70-414?)

wontonwonton Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
FYI - I have a coworker who took the 70-413 test this afternoon and said it had the R2 information in it. We knew it was coming, but as of right now the exam pages on Microsoft's site still haven't been updated with a date or what new R2 skills are being tested for 413 or 414. So if you're planning on taking either of those soon be aware of that.

Comments

• Options
    woodwormwoodworm Member Posts: 153
    Someone on my course took his 414 today and R2 is on that as well, was hoping it was next week as I have my exam tomorrow.
  • Options
    MSSoftieMSSoftie Member Posts: 190 ■■■□□□□□□□
    earlier than I thought. I take it next week and I wasn't planning on needing to know the R2 stuff yet. Looks like I will need to get back at it
  • Options
    SamMerlotteSamMerlotte Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm thinking I might need to reschedule. I had the 414 scheduled for next Saturday. The updated objectives aren't even out. That's extremely bad protocol in my opinion.
  • Options
    alokin123alokin123 Member Posts: 268
    thats interesting. I took the exam on thursday and failed. I didnt see any r2 questions. Mind you i got a question that could potentially be on an Exchange exam.
  • Options
    Theegg911Theegg911 Member Posts: 124
    It may be possible that they just added R2 next to questions with Server 2012 in it for right now. Regardless though, wouldn't hurt to brush up on the new stuff.
    Next Goal: Office 365 70-346 (Scheduled for 9/25)
  • Options
    morvern_callarmorvern_callar Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I did this a week ago.
    It was awful, there were lots of topics in there that aren't in the course outline at all like connecting to Azure.

At times I wondered if I was doing the right exam as there was a lot of cloud stuff in there and this is not the cloud stream. So I think the objectives have definitely changed.
    There seemed to be a lot of questions about certificates too like what type to use and where to apply them, a lot lot more in depth than you get on the course.
  • Options
    it2bit2b Member Posts: 117
    Someone else in the forum posted this:

Microsoft 70-413 and 70-414 exam updates for R2
    Geek Babble | Microsoft 70-413 and 70-414 exam updates for R2

I was getting ready to take the 70-413, but with the new emphasis on Azure and cloud topics I am going to hold off. If your company does all on prem systems I don't see a good may to gain experience or study for these topics.

I may try the MCSE on Exchange 2013 instead as we are going to deploy that plus I took the official class. But I have read that exam also includes Office 365. (Even though there was no mention of any cloud topics in the class courseware or on the posted objectives).