Options

CISSP delayed / second thoughts... (SSCP?)

richymartinrichymartin Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
Lads and Lasses.

The CISSP studying has been going well, I've done my best to give little updates in other threads.

However with a timescale of the end of May, i'm having my doubts. My study time has been halved thanks to work, and I've only just finished the first textbook.

However, i'm from quite a technical background so I was wondering if SSCP would be a valuable cert to have. (Thanks to JD, i've been reading your blog)

I consistently get between 70 - 90% on the CCCure tests for the SSCP.

I'm at the point in my career where I wouldn't necessarily want a management grade job, although I know a CISSP would be a good standing for the lower tier positions too.

Is it worth putting the CISSP on hold for a while and getting the SSCP out of the way?

Any thoughts / criticisms welcome..

Comments

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,035 Admin
    I always advise that if you have the professional work experience for the full CISSP certification then go directly for it. The CISSP will get you far more professional recognition than the SSCP ever will. The SSCP is a nice-to-have for people that don't have the necessary InfoSec experience for the full CISSP, or just want a good preparation for the CISSP exam.
  • Options
    zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I agree with JD since the CISSP is much more widely recognized and would have a significantly bigger ROI than the SSCP
  • Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    JDMurray wrote: »
    I always advise that if you have the professional work experience for the full CISSP certification then go directly for it. The CISSP will get you far more professional recognition than the SSCP ever will. The SSCP is a nice-to-have for people that don't have the necessary InfoSec experience for the full CISSP, or just want a good preparation for the CISSP exam.

After reading your blog and other post I keep going to CISSP, for moments I thought the same, going to SSCP
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• Options
    richymartinrichymartin Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've read the official CISSP guide, but i was wondering if there is any good recommendations for SSCP study material? There appears to be a big lack of it at the minute.