Options

So I bought a new laptop

2»

Comments

• Options
    Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    My only big issue with macs are the people who want to fight to the death over one being better than another. For 99% of home users they would likely be fine with a chromebook as long as they could get instagram, FB, gmail and a web browser. I had someone in an office years ago that would threaten to quit if he didn't have a mac. He wasn't a designer, he just did some admin tasks, wrote letters, etc, but would angrily defend the logic that you couldn't do it as easily on a windows pc. He'd usually quote friends of his from 15 years before in publishing and their need for quark xpress.

I think they make nice looking devices, but the price premium is too much for me to ignore. With that said if I could find a super cheap macbook air I'd definitely scoop it up. But, I'd also do the same with a windows laptop that was built the same way for cheaper.
  • Options
    BGravesBGraves Member Posts: 339
    --chris-- wrote: »
    I have met about 30% of the 400 IT people here, and so far none of them use Mac at home. So you are not alone...

I've used at least 6 macs in the past 20 years, currently having a mbp at home along with an airport extreme and an apple tv. Once had an issue with a mbp battery, took it to the store and they replaced it free even when it was out of warranty. I do admit the apple stores employees are either extremely helpful or extremely creepy.

Personally I try to get my hands on as much varied technology as I can, the more I can play with and learn the better. Part of why I love being in IT I guess.