Options

time to **** stuff on paper before the exam starts?

buzzy--beebuzzy--bee Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi, I'm taking my CCNA on Saturday and was just wondering whether you get time once you're in the exam room to "memory ****" on to paper and if so how long?

Thanks

Buzzy

Comments

• Options
    Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    yes...you can usually use the first couple of minutes to do this.

Kenny
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • Options
    2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    I hear it's good practice to write down the masks and their CIDR notations before you start the exam. You can do that while you do the survey. But hey....you have to know your stuff by heart anywayz.

Good luck
    2lbs.
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • Options
    buzzy--beebuzzy--bee Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ten9t6 wrote:
    yes...you can usually use the first couple of minutes to do this.

Kenny

Gee is it just a couple of minutes? Was hoping for 15........
  • Options
    jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    just jot stuff down as you read the agreement and take the survey before the test. you time doesn't start until you start the test so you have as long as you want.
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • Options
    lordylordy Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    There is a survey and a tutorial before the real exam starts.
    You can probably get a max of 10 minutes out of those to write your stuff down.

As you normally only get one erasable sheet there isn't much space to write stuff down anyways.

Take a DIN A4 or US Letter page and practice your layout on in. Once you get into the room simply "recreate" that page and you are ready to roll.
    Working on CCNP: [X] SWITCH --- [ ] ROUTE --- [ ] TSHOOT
    Goal for 2014: RHCA
    Goal for 2015: CCDP
  • Options
    milliampmilliamp Member Posts: 135
    They wouldn't give me a pencil and paper to work with so I asked for a few extra dry erase sheets.

I quickly wrote out a small subnet table from /30 to /22 just before I began the survey and although I knew them anyway (I did write it down), I used it several times durring the exam.