Question about XP updates

yzTyzT Member Posts: 365 ■■■□□□□□□□
So the day has come, XP dies today!

However, does it mean that older updates cannot be installed anymore? That is, is Microsoft closing the updates repository?

Comments

• gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I thought they were just stopping putting out any more updates.
  • TrashmanTrashman Member Posts: 140
    It means you should take action. After April 8, 2014, Microsoft will no longer provide security updates or technical support for Windows XP.

Security updates patch vulnerabilities that may be exploited by malware and help keep users and their data safer. PCs running Windows XP after April 8, 2014, should not be considered to be protected, and it is important that you migrate to a current supported operating system – such as Windows 8.1 – so you can receive regular security updates to protect their computer from malicious attacks.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/enterprise/end-of-support.aspx
    Bachelor of Science in Information Systems
    2015 COLOR=#008000]X[/COLOR | 2016 COLOR=#ff8c00]In progress[/COLOR | 2017 | 2018
  • Cert PoorCert Poor Member Posts: 240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    yzT wrote: »
    So the day has come, XP dies today!

However, does it mean that older updates cannot be installed anymore? That is, is Microsoft closing the updates repository?

I'm guessing here since I'm wondering too, but it probably means just no new updates. It doesn't make sense to close the update repository for existing updates.
    In progress: MTA: Database Fundamentals (98-364)
    Next up: CompTIA Cloud Essentials+ (CLO-002) or LPI Linux Essentials (010-160)
    Earned: CompTIA A+, Net+, Sec+, Server+, Proj+
    ITIL-F v3 2011 | ServiceNow CSA, CAD, CIS | CWNP CWTS