Options

Non Wireless and Wireless Linksys Router Help

Laura24571Laura24571 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,
I am currently having a problem with my packet tracer routing to routers. I have one non wireless router and a wireless router. This is due to my assessment requirements. I am able to ping from my wireless device through the wireless router and to the non wireless. However, I cannot ping from my non wireless router to my linksys router and to the wireless devices.
I am assuming I am unable to ping the wireless devices due to the firewall on the linksys router which I am unable to select in the GUI of the router. However, I am not to concerned with that as I am able to discuss the reason why I am unable to ping straight through. However, I am a little stuck as to why the non wireless router will not ping the linksys router.

Non wireless router
Static
IP 180.16.0.1
SM 255.255.255.192

Wireless Router
DHCP
DG 180.16.0.1
IP 180.16.0.4
SM 255.255.255.192

Any reasons to why I am unable to ping would be much appericiated. The non wireless router has RIP set up and static routes also due to it going off in various other location. I am just stuck in terms as to why they do not ping. They are connected by straight through cables through a switch.

Any help would be appreciated thank you!

Comments

• Options
    Magic JohnsonMagic Johnson Member Posts: 414
    You have two routers on the same subnet, which will be confusing things.
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If you are using Packet Tracer try watching the ping in simulation mode. It might show you where it fails. The details will probably tell you why it did not finish.

I use the simulation mode whenever I am trying to understand a troubleshooting problem as it gives me a visual to help me understand it.

Good Luck