Options

CCNP Tshoot today

thenappyonethenappyone Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm taking the Tshoot exam later today. I'm sitting here at work and my nerves are starting to get to me. I know it should be a walk in the park in comparison to the other two. I've worked through the lab manual three times and built the topology on real gear at home and had guys at work break it, I would like to say i'm adequately prepared, but still i'm a bit nervous. I've been studying almost non stop for the CCNP since November last year and I'd hate to fail what should essentially be the easiest of the exams.

Comments

• Options
    RouteMyPacketRouteMyPacket Member Posts: 1,104
    Run through the sim on Cisco's site, if you know your stuff and your show commands you should be good to go. It's going to be fun, why be nervous? Go have fun..

https://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le2/le37/le10/tshoot_demo.html
    Modularity and Design Simplicity:

Think of the 2:00 a.m. test—if you were awakened in the
    middle of the night because of a network problem and had to figure out the
    traffic flows in your network while you were half asleep, could you do it?
  • Options
    fredrikjjfredrikjj Member Posts: 879
    Don't forget to use the scroll bar where it's available!

PS.
    It's also a good idea to abort a ticket if you aren't 100% sure of the answer. If you've studied properly you'll probably fly through most of them and end up with plenty of time left over for the ones that you aren't as comfortable with.
  • Options
    Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck to ya! Update us when you pass today ;)
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    Will do.

I haven't done as much preparation for this one as I did on the other two.But I feel at this point it shouldn't require as much prep time. I did read through the OCG and studied the Maintenance Process topics, did the exam demo to get a feel for the format. I always go into exams a bit nervous, and I usually calm down after a few questions.
  • Options
    Passed!! I am officially a CCNP. I scored low 900s, I was really confident on all of the tickets and am really curious which one(s) I missed. I couldn't relax at all and am still feeling anxious. Now I need to find something else to study.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    shyguyITshyguyIT Member Posts: 380
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    2017 Goals:
    Route[X], Switch [], TSHOOT[]
  • Options
    Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Very Awesome! Congrats!
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. I feel like it was a long time coming.
  • Options
    malikhan292malikhan292 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Cool. Congratulations
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]
  • Options
    chob11chob11 Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! How long after passing the Route/Switch did you take the TSHOOT? Was reading OCG enough? I am thinking about scheduling it in 2 weeks if I pass the Switch today..
  • Options
    About two weeks, I worked through the tshoot lab manual and read the ocg
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!!!
    Nice job!
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass and new cert!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    silalavalsilalaval Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

I hated doing that exam.

I remember that when I finished the exam my body was shaking for like 2 hours... That's how nervous I was.
    Also the test centre was horrible.. taking the exam on a 14" screen and an old pc didn't help.

Its an exam I don't want to take again!