Mta

dabididabidi Banned Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys I want to take a Microsoft Certification, My First Plan is to take the MCSA, but some told me that it would be safe, If i would take the MTA Exam first because the MCSA, is kinda difficult and it would take mo so long to complete it, My thought is to take the MTA so that I already had a Microsoft Certification that would differentiate me on the other applicants, I just want to see some comment about my situation, its ok if some comments hurts, I just need to see some new perspective. I already had an experience In Active Directory,but so basic only. Thank you and God Bless

Comments

• MSSoftieMSSoftie Member Posts: 190 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you just need a cert to put on the resume - why not just go for the 70-410 or 411? It will look better than an MTA exam in my opinion and moves you in the right direction towards your MCSA (which would just be the next 2 tests). The MTAs are terrible but really very basic from my understanding. If you are looking for a fast turn around (maybe a week) then the MTA might work. If you can give yourself a month to study (my average time) you can get one of the exams you need for the MCSA and look even better on a resume.
  • iBrokeITiBrokeIT Member Posts: 1,318 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Skip the MTAs and start work on your MCSA. The clients exams are usually a good place to start and build momentum. I see little value in MTAs compared to the MCSA
    2019: GPEN | GCFE | GXPN | GICSP | CySA+ 
    2020: GCIP | GCIA 
    2021: GRID | GDSA | Pentest+ 
    2022: GMON | GDAT
    2023: GREM  | GSE | GCFA

WGU BS IT-NA | SANS Grad Cert: PT&EH | SANS Grad Cert: ICS Security | SANS Grad Cert: Cyber Defense Ops SANS Grad Cert: Incident Response
  • MSSoftieMSSoftie Member Posts: 190 ■■■□□□□□□□
    agreed - but to be clear - you do not need to wait until you complete all the tests necessary for the MCSA before you put the individual exams you passed on your resume. MCP > MTA > nothing
  • SweenMachineSweenMachine Member Posts: 300 ■■■■□□□□□□
    MSSoftie wrote: »
    agreed - but to be clear - you do not need to wait until you complete all the tests necessary for the MCSA before you put the individual exams you passed on your resume. MCP > MTA > nothing

For what it's worth you get the MCP cert for passing an MTA as well..

-scott
  • dabididabidi Banned Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you Very Much Guys, One of the reason also is that I just want to test the waters, and playing safe that is why I want to consider the MTA even though it is for students, but you guys right, I will pursue now 70 - 640. God Bless us All
  • GLaDOS11GLaDOS11 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just throwing out my 2 cents here, but what kind of experience do you have with servers? The 70-640 could be a very difficult exam for someone completely new to certification. It tests a lot of high level features like AD FS and AD RMS. In my opinion, it's not a good place to start unless you have experience with servers. The 70-410 is a bit easier but still, if you don't have server experience it will be a lot of work. Nothing wrong with hard work, but I always think newcomers should start with Windows 7 or 8 certs before moving to server.

Of course, you could have years of experience and, in that case, all my advice would be pointless. I'm just offering my 2 cents.