Options

Security+ 401 vs 301 - New study books

AaronsmityAaronsmity Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
I guess this new test is coming out in May. I was about to order Gibson's books on the 301 test but now am hesitant that I will miss out on new material on the test not covered in the book, will he have a book out on the 401 soon? As far as practice tests out there on the net how will I know it will cover all new content? I have 0 security experience and picked this certification to get some basics and get something on my resume, thanks.

Comments

• Options
    hannismhannism Member Posts: 112
    Obtained: CompTIA Linux+ [X] CompTIA Security + [X] CCENT [X] CCNA: Routing and Switching [X] CCNA: Security [X] CCNA: Wireless [X] Linux Server Professional (LPIC-1) [X] SUSE Certified Linux Administrator [X]
    Currently studying: Red Hat Certified System Administrator > Red Hat Certified System Engineer > CISSP
  • Options
    BlackBeretBlackBeret Member Posts: 683 ■■■■■□□□□□
    You can schedule the 301 until December 2014. I had the same questions, but I was ready to take it so I just went with 301 since I could start studying right then. In 3 years there could be a 501, or I might keep up with the CEU's and not have to worry about retesting later. But, if you're not in a hurry and aren't worried about taking a new test version, hold off and get the new material to see what's changed.