Options

s0 line protocol is down

bhattnbikesbhattnbikes Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
Guys i had my internetwork in Boson up and running yesterday but when i tried the same network today it continously gives me that s0 is up,line protocol is down. I have configured rip on my routers and sh ip route shows that the networks are connected. I tried assigning IP addresses and routing protocol again but i still have the same problem. Can anyone tell what possible can be the reason for this ???
For Latest TEch NEws Check out : http://directfromdigg.blogspot.com/

Comments

• Options
    JASON123JASON123 Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You may want to check if one of the routers is configured as the DCE with the clock rate command.
  • Options
    Sa'adSa'ad Member Posts: 150 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I use Boson ccna netsim also and experience the same problem with all my networks. I tried to disable the serial interface and enable it again, and it only stays up for like 4 or 5 seconds and gives me a message saying s0 is down. Its probably a bug in netsim. I was surprised to find out that no one else experienced that b4 me, but since you're having the same issue as I it most probably is a bug netsim.
    INE v4 volume 1
  • Options
    milliampmilliamp Member Posts: 135
    I never had any bugs with the netsim serial interfaces.

re-read Jason's comment above.
  • Options
    patelharipatelhari Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i have bosson netsim and i will try and let u know. icon_rolleyes.gif
    I like to play around with 11111111.11111111.11111111.00000000
  • Options
    Thanks all of you guys for replying. As sa'ad said that once you give the no shut command after 4-5 seconds the interface goes down again. But this happens only till routing protocol is not configured on both sides on the serial link. Once its done it turns up on its own. But sometimes it acts weird and now matter how much you troubleshoot and remove the interface and add it again it wont turn up. I guess the same prpbably some bug in their software
  • Options
    It is definitely a bug, I tried several different labs s0 or s1 is always down. Even after configuring routing protocol I still can't get s1 to come up. I'm working on the ( IP routing in a Larger Network ) Lab in chapter 5 of Sybex 5, and can't get the s1 interface on Lab_B to come up, I created and configured the lab several times with no luck, I just gave up on it.

PhattnBike are you using the CCNA netsim or CCNP netsim? I'm thinking of upgrading to the CCNP to see if that would have maybe fixed the bug.
    Thanks!
    INE v4 volume 1
  • Options
    Sa'ad I am using CCNP netsim and may b thats the reason i dont get that error everytime i try to work with serial interfaces.
  • Options
    Thanks for your quick replay Phattnbikes, I'm going to upgrade my ccna to the ccnp tonight, I was reluctant to upgrading since its only the beta version but I guess its worth to give it a try. Besides I get it for a half price if I download it by 11/27. Do you know if they'll let us download the full version for free once it becomes available? Thanks for your reply!
    INE v4 volume 1
  • Options
    I am not very sure whether they allow us to download the full version later on or not. But Netsim for CCNP has lot of option to configure your network with various routers, switches which i think probably is not available with CCNA.
  • Options
    SVSV Member Posts: 166
    I have used NetSim and had encountered similar problem. The protocol error appears due to clock rate.

Lets say you are connecting two routers using the s0 interfaces.
    From the interface config mode type "clock rate 6400" on s0 interfaces of both routers and see what happens....
    Life is a journey...