Options

Yes I did it !! (865)

Hunter85Hunter85 Member Posts: 60 ■■■□□□□□□□
Yes I finally did it, I was so nervous before the exam (and also a little bit during the exam) but with gods help I passed

There were 5 sim questions, 1 with ports (easy ones ftp, http), 1 with volatility(HDD, SWAP, RAM), 1 with firewall (know your ports and if they also support UDP), 1 with attack types (pharming, phising, vishing), 1 with something you know something you have staff and as far as I remember 1 with environmental controls (what type of control you would put in a server room, Man trap, access card etc...)

1 question was about Unix command (what command is used for copying really large files)

There were a lot of questions for MS-CHAP, PEAP, AES, Blowfish, WEP etc....

Generally the exam is consisting of hard and easy questions, if you know the meterial you can do it.

I work in IT Security for 1 year. Most of the staff I already knew and I only studied for 3-4 weeks. (Everyday around 1-2 hours). If you dont have any XP you may need more to study

Comments

• Options
    bhcs2014bhcs2014 Member Posts: 103
    Cool. One question, did you sign a non disclosure agreement?
  • Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    bhcs2014 wrote: »

isn't that why we all use call signs on here. Security 101 - never use your real name ;)
  • Options
    donw35donw35 Member Posts: 78 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    shyguyITshyguyIT Member Posts: 380
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    2017 Goals:
    Route[X], Switch [], TSHOOT[]
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!
    Nice job.
  • Options
    TheChameleonTheChameleon Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The terms he used are general enough. He didn't disclose the actual question or answers. The Gibbs blog actually goes further in presenting information than presented here.
    bhcs2014 wrote: »
  • Options
    100k100k Member Posts: 196
    Congrats. I am working on this course now through WGU. I am hoping that the supplied material is enough to pass.