Passed LX-101 Woot!

merc.man87merc.man87 Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have been following these forums for the last 6 months or so since I began my certification journey, thus far I have my A+,Net+,Sec+ and as of today I passed the first part of the Linux+/Lpic-1. Such a sigh of relief. Much easier than what I thought it was going to be. I used Testout and the Sybex guide to study with. I didn't do as well as I thought I would, but none the less I passed. Now I am getting ready to schedule the 2nd part for this Wednesday. My only complaint is that they don't give you access to the CLI. Which is bewildering to say the least, but I won't go into that lol. Oh yea, first post! Hi everyone!

-Matt

Comments

• BryzeyBryzey Member Posts: 260
    If you had access to cli you could - -help or man everything.. Guess that's why.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Welcome and congrats!
  • merc.man87merc.man87 Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys! But wouldn't that be more indicative of the real world? From what I have heard when you go and take RedHat certs you have access to the CLI. Not everyone is going to be a walking encyclopedia lol.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats and welcome!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • mikeybikesmikeybikes Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
  • daviddwsdaviddws Member Posts: 303 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats Sir!
  • linuxloverlinuxlover Banned Posts: 228
    Congrats on the pass!
  • BryzeyBryzey Member Posts: 260
    A huge weight of the first exam is based on cli and switches.. If you could just - -help or use the man Page the first exam would be pointless..

Red hat exams the commands are a means to an end. You are expected to know to perform tasks and have an understanding of the cli already.

That's my understanding anyway.
  • rhtrht Member Posts: 92 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am thinking of going for Linux+ for a few reasons:
    1. to satisfy my inner desire to learn Linux & feel smart icon_cool.gif
    2. i am finding studying for 70-680 boring except for the CLI parts
    3. i am also beginning to see the benefits of Linux for administrators, it just gives them soo much power unlike MS windows or server 2008/2012
    4. achieving Linux+ means i can decide if i want an MSCA server 2008 R2 or RHCSA career
    I to am debating on pursing the RHCSA cert after things get settled down with my 4th semester at school. I have edassist from my employer and they will pay for any course/cert that I want to pursue. I just need to make sure that I am well prepared to pass it or else I have to pay it back lol.
    Today I passed my LX-102, I am officially Linux+/LPIC-1 certified! Yay! Now to focus on my Cisco certifications for a while.
  • Kinet1cKinet1c Member Posts: 604 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats merc.man87! Best of luck with Cisco.
    2018 Goals - Learn all the Hashicorp products

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity
  • rhtrht Member Posts: 92 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • ITrascalITrascal Member Posts: 55 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on finishing the fight!! Good luck in Cisco world icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would love to get my Linux+ Congrats!!