Options

Asking for a raise?

13»

Comments

• Options
    netteasernetteaser Member Posts: 198
    Hey jsobrinog where exactly are you located in mexico? Are you near the Mcallen / Mexico border?
  • Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    netteaser wrote:
    I am still getting calls from customers from the company but I politely told them that I didnt work for the company anymore and they told me that my former boss told them that even though I didnt work for him anymore I owed it to the customers to still fix their computer problems????

you owe them nothing end of story but being that you have may have 2 weeks before new gig starts you can tell the customers that u will do it on your own time for payment on the spot in your name

icon_lol.gif
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    Non-Profit TechieNon-Profit Techie Member Posts: 418 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Non-Profit TechieNon-Profit Techie Member Posts: 418 ■■□□□□□□□□
    opps, guess i should check all the pages before i post, lol
  • Options
    jsobrinogjsobrinog Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sup netteaser i live at Hermosillo,Sonora Mexico, is far away from texas. You can check my location. Enter, www.weather.com jeje and type "Hermosillo" or simply use google earth, right under arizona is SONORA where i live. :)

:) hope this can help and congrats for your new job. Lossing faith is just the end of your knowledge, keep working hard and let those situations break you.
  • Options
    Go BucksGo Bucks Member Posts: 152
    There's no doubt about it that this guy has it in for you. His bad karma will come back to haunt him. I don't see how this ISP will last without paying someone a decent wage. Customers will not put up with poor service, unless he happens to be the only gig in town. I wouldn't bother putting down that you even worked at this place on a resume if you can stay at your current job for several years. It sounds like your new job is a keeper though.

This is one of those situations where it doesn't matter how much your previous boss would have offered, it wouldn't have been worth putting up with him anymore.
    "Me fail English? That's unpossible."
  • Options
    I know what you mean, last week he hired a tech who had his masters degree in computer science. He doesent know that much about networking but knows alot about programming of course and webpage design. Well he is getting paid $7/hr and when I asked him why not go down to the local college and become a computer science teacher he said that he would rather work for this guy. ????
  • Options
    certificationjourney [bancertificationjourney [ban Inactive Imported Users Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    netteaser wrote:
    I know what you mean, last week he hired a tech who had his masters degree in computer science. He doesent know that much about networking but knows alot about programming of course and webpage design. Well he is getting paid $7/hr and when I asked him why not go down to the local college and become a computer science teacher he said that he would rather work for this guy. ????

You are a liar in my opinion. Noone with a Master's degree in Computer Science in the USA makes $7/hr (maybe in India, but not in the states). I don't believe you have all those certifications either. You sound like a guy who's a little crazy in the head. Stop it. No offense intended, I am just fed up with your lies. Some of the story sounds true but most of it is lies.
  • Options
    JiggsawwJiggsaww Member Posts: 195
  • Options
    netteaser wrote:

You are a liar in my opinion. Noone with a Master's degree in Computer Science in the USA makes $7/hr (maybe in India, but not in the states). I don't believe you have all those certifications either. You sound like a guy who's a little crazy in the head. Stop it. No offense intended, I am just fed up with your lies. Some of the story sounds true but most of it is lies.

If you want to see a scanned copy of my certs just send me your email. Come down to South Texas and I can get you a recommendation with my old employer he is looking for a new network admin. And you can meet the other techs that I am talking about.
  • Options
    southtexasadminsouthtexasadmin Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi guys, I just registered in this forum. I recently had the opportunity to meet netteaser. I use to work in the same company that he is talking about 5 years ago when the company was starting off. I had my BS degree in CIS and I was getting paid $9/hr. He also told me that he was going to give me a raise to $15 and it never happend. I was only there 3 months but the guy was a total a-hole.
  • Options
    southtexasadminsouthtexasadmin Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I got a call this afternoon actually from my ex employer telling me that he needed to fill a network admin position that he had. He offered me $15/hr now but I refused the position becuse now I have my Masters and I am teaching at a local college.
  • Options
    TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    netteaser wrote:

Either the Master's degree is a fake or the guy who took the job saw an extra zero on his hourly wage. I must say I do not believe this either, no one can disrespect themself like that. In fact, I can't help but think that southtexasadmin and netteaser are possibly the same person.
  • Options
    JuddJudd Member Posts: 132
    gigione wrote:
    Based on these qualifications calculate the net worth

A+
    Network+
    MCP
    I-Net+
    Server+
    7 years in the IT Field
    Associate Degree in CIS

Many different factors determine the net worth of experience, education, and certifications, based on the market I'd put those credentials anywhere between 60K - 70K annually. It would be more with a B.S. degree, but with all those certs and 7 years experience, who needs a B.S. degree?

I'd say the certs alone count for 10K in compensation, the degree matched with experience make up the rest.
  • Options
    fonduefondue Member Posts: 104
    Good Lord, will someone kill this thread. What we do know, he was under paid and he reads his bosses email.

There is one reason someone would take $7 an hour with a Masters, "DO YOU HAVE YOUR PAPERS?". If not INS is on the way.
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    netteaser = southtexasadmin

It seems clear that most of this topic is indeed filled with nonsense. However, that doesn't mean we have changed our registration terms. In other words: remain professional and polite even if others aren't.

Topic is locked.
This discussion has been closed.