Options

Book for 70-680

ClevernamehereClevernamehere Member Posts: 34 ■■■□□□□□□□
I will need to pass this one for a new job and was wondering what was considered the best book to get. I was about to grab the MS Press book but thought I would ask first. Thanks in advance guys!

Comments

• Options
    shyguyITshyguyIT Member Posts: 380
    I thought Don Poulton's book was great for the 70-680 along with Professor Messer's videos.

MCTS 70-680 Cert Guide: Microsoft Windows 7, Configuring: Don Poulton: 9780789747075: Amazon.com: Books
    2017 Goals:
    Route[X], Switch [], TSHOOT[]
  • Options
    Jamm1nJamm1n Member Posts: 106 ■■■□□□□□□□
    shyguyIT wrote: »
    I thought Don Poulton's book was great for the 70-680 along with Professor Messer's videos.

MCTS 70-680 Cert Guide: Microsoft Windows 7, Configuring: Don Poulton: 9780789747075: Amazon.com: Books

This one for sure.
  • Options
    SweenMachineSweenMachine Member Posts: 300 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Jamm1n wrote: »
    This one for sure.

Agree with both! The Poulton guide is tops.

-scott
  • Options
    ClevernamehereClevernamehere Member Posts: 34 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the replies guys. The Poulton book is the one I went with. Hopefully will have a pass post before too long.
  • Options
    GreenLanternGreenLantern Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I was looking into getting this book, does anyone know if its worth getting:

MCTS 70-680 Cert Guide with My ITCertification lab Bundle, v5.9 by Don Poulton;
    I saw it on sale for 55 dollars just wondering if it's worth it or I should just get the book.
    In pursuit of CCNA:SECURITY; CCNP; THEN MCSE
  • Options
    rhtrht Member Posts: 92 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am currently using this book for a month now.

Advantages - most detailed with bullet points style and highlights key sections. It also has 2 Exams ( 1 in book and one on the CD) with detailed explanations.
    Disadvantages - i hate the writing style, very boring to read & complicated. It also does a bad job of explaining important concepts

Conclusion - its the best in the market but you will need other resources to make you familiar with concepts like direct access, BranchCache & Image X etc. I used Professor Messer and CBT as a supplement as well as Darril Gibson Windows 7 Portable command guide (highly recommended). Check it on Amazon. Also i would suggest the windows 7 Rapid Review is the most recent book but is only for a final review if you have money to spare.
  • Options
    GreenLanternGreenLantern Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    rht wrote: »
    I am currently using this book for a month now.

Advantages - most detailed with bullet points style and highlights key sections. It also has 2 Exams ( 1 in book and one on the CD) with detailed explanations.
    Disadvantages - i hate the writing style, very boring to read & complicated. It also does a bad job of explaining important concepts

Conclusion - its the best in the market but you will need other resources to make you familiar with concepts like direct access, BranchCache & Image X etc. I used Professor Messer and CBT as a supplement as well as Darril Gibson Windows 7 Portable command guide (highly recommended). Check it on Amazon. Also i would suggest the windows 7 Rapid Review is the most recent book but is only for a final review if you have money to spare.

thank you this helps.
    In pursuit of CCNA:SECURITY; CCNP; THEN MCSE