Options

Passed Healthcare IT yesterday

flyerxlflyerxl Member Posts: 27 ■■■□□□□□□□
Got this done and passed. By the skin of my teeth but it's a pass.

Comments

• Options
    10Linefigure10Linefigure Member Posts: 368 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good job!
    CCNP R&S, Security+
    B.S. Geography - Business Minor
    MicroMasters - CyberSecurity
    Professional Certificate - IT Project Management
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    HBHarrisonHBHarrison Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Now what do you plan on doing with this cert? i was thinking about this cert as well but not sure what it applies to besides the obvious. You hoping Hospital I.T. ?
  • Options
    flyerxlflyerxl Member Posts: 27 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm already in healthcare IT. I had hoped to use this as a springboard to get out of help desk, but I'm leaning towards getting out of healthcare. I paid for the test though, now ready to move onto the CCENT.
  • Options
    Grafixx01Grafixx01 Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
    This is being retired at the end of the year. It didn't have a long life at all. Anyone know of the reasons for retireing? Just no interest possibly?
  • Options
    SweenMachineSweenMachine Member Posts: 300 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Grafixx01 wrote: »
    This is being retired at the end of the year. It didn't have a long life at all. Anyone know of the reasons for retireing? Just no interest possibly?

Can you source this?

I have found zero information about this retirement...

-scott
  • Options
    SilentleafSilentleaf Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Can you source this?

I have found zero information about this retirement...

-scott

Scott,

You can find this information upon the checkout cart on any exam voucher on the comptia website which states that it is being discontinued December 31, 2014.

As for the reason,

Thank you for using CompTIA’s Customer Support Center. CompTIA is always interested in improving our services and we would like to know about your recent experience with us.

Please take a few minutes to complete our 3 question survey attached to your closed ticket. Your feedback is very important to us. Please be sure to include your ticket number for further reference. All submissions are confidential.

Once again thank you for using our CompTIA Customer Support Center.

CompTIA studies the trends of our exams, and if the industry is not taking the exam we post information on our website, and do surveys. Based on the feedback CompTIA received, the decision was made to retire the Healthcare IT exam. CompTIA made the determination to retire Healthcare IT because not enough of the IT community was taking this exam.
    Relevance of the Healthcare IT exam in the future would be determined by an employer's requirements.
    Please feel free to open a new ticket if you have any additional questions or concerns and I will be happy to assist you.

Best regards,
    CompTIA Customer Support

The following Customer(s) have been CC'ed:

Ticket Information:

Ticket #:

Date Created:
    5/01/2014 01:04 PM CDT

• Options
    datacombossdatacomboss Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You might want to try the CPHIMS, if you have enough HIT experience.
    "If I were to say, 'God, why me?' about the bad things, then I should have said, 'God, why me?' about the good things that happened in my life."

Arthur Ashe

• Options
    SweenMachineSweenMachine Member Posts: 300 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Silentleaf wrote: »
    Scott,

You can find this information upon the checkout cart on any exam voucher on the comptia website which states that it is being discontinued December 31, 2014.

As for the reason,

Thank you for using CompTIA’s Customer Support Center. CompTIA is always interested in improving our services and we would like to know about your recent experience with us.

Please take a few minutes to complete our 3 question survey attached to your closed ticket. Your feedback is very important to us. Please be sure to include your ticket number for further reference. All submissions are confidential.

Once again thank you for using our CompTIA Customer Support Center.

CompTIA studies the trends of our exams, and if the industry is not taking the exam we post information on our website, and do surveys. Based on the feedback CompTIA received, the decision was made to retire the Healthcare IT exam. CompTIA made the determination to retire Healthcare IT because not enough of the IT community was taking this exam.
    Relevance of the Healthcare IT exam in the future would be determined by an employer's requirements.
    Please feel free to open a new ticket if you have any additional questions or concerns and I will be happy to assist you.

Best regards,
    CompTIA Customer Support

The following Customer(s) have been CC'ed:

Ticket Information:

Ticket #:

Date Created:
    5/01/2014 01:04 PM CDT

Thank you for taking the time to respond!

I guess I should knock this one out soon... haha

-scott
  • Options
    demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    yea i guess i better as well
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • Options
    PsychoData91PsychoData91 Member Posts: 138 ■■■□□□□□□□
    does the HIT expire?
    I'm looking at most likely being hired by a healthcare company. Aeroflow Healthcare | DME Provider of Mobility, CPAP, & Respiratory Equipment Though they don't normally deal with patients directly, they do run a pharmacy on site and of course deal in DME for the home. SO, there will be some patient/sensitive information around. Would this cert be valuable for me?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    How hard overall was the exam? I purchased a voucher and a book and plan on taking it before the expiration date? Can this be knocked out in a weekend or so?
  • Options
    DoyenDoyen Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    flyerxl wrote: »
    Got this done and passed. By the skin of my teeth but it's a pass.
    Congratulations on the pass icon_thumright.gif
    So I guess from the information that was presented, the CompTIA Heathcare IT certification will be ending this year. I was contemplating on taking it since there are a lot of IT positions in the healthcare field in the RTP area. I flipped through the official book at my campus library and saw that, besides healthcare, it contained information that was covered in A+, Network+, and Security+. I guess that it is worth noting on a resume. It also doesn't expire.
    Goals for 2016: [] VCP 5.5: ICM (recertifying) , [ ] VMware VCA-NV, [ ] 640-911 DCICN, [ ] 640-916 DCICT, [ ] CCNA: Data Center, [ ] CISSP (Associate), [ ] 300-101 ROUTE, [ ] 300-115 SWITCH, [ ] 300-135 TSHOOT, [ ] CCNP: Route & Switch, [ ] CEHv8, [ ] LX0-103, [ ] LX0-104
    Future Goals: WGU MSISA or Capital Technology Univerisity MSCIS Degree Program
    Click here to connect with me on LinkedIn! Just mention your are from Techexams.net.
  • Options
    PsychoData91PsychoData91 Member Posts: 138 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Doyen, that's basically what I've seen. Kind of a mix of A+ with a little Net+ and Sec+ as well as a decent amount of healthcare standards and guidelines dealing with patient information and the like.