Options

Just Scheduled CCENT for Saturday morning 4/19

Calito360Calito360 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
Finally gonna take my CCENT exam after completing Cisco Networking Academy last October.
Been studying using:
  • Todd Lammle CCNA Study Guide
  • CBT Nuggets course
  • CCNA Bulldogs with Chris Bryant
  • Paul Browning's course
  • Packet Tracer practice labs from class
Hope I got everything covered and I have been studying correctly, lol. I'm just a little nervous as this will be my first Certification.

Comments

• Options
    skittledmonkeyskittledmonkey Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck for Saturday. Sounds like you have prepared well. MY advice for last minute revision would be to spend time on Packet Tracer, make sure you know all the show commands etc. Also nail down subnetting if you haven't already.
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    Thank you. I am going over everything that I am a little weak on. 24hrs and counting....tick tick, lol
  • Options
    thenappyonethenappyone Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck. The first exam is always a little nerve racking.
  • Options
    Well, EPIC fail. There were some topics on the tests that I thought I was ready for but I wasn't. Now that I know what I am a little weak on, I will do some major studying and take it again. This is just a small stumbling block. (btw...Cisco tests are worded a little weird to me, lol)
  • Options
    ChitownjediChitownjedi Member Posts: 578 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Calito360 wrote: »
    Well, EPIC fail. There were some topics on the tests that I thought I was ready for but I wasn't. Now that I know what I am a little weak on, I will do some major studying and take it again. This is just a small stumbling block. (btw...Cisco tests are worded a little weird to me, lol)

Make sure you know the content material that you were weak on and make them a strength before your next exam. If you need to read a question 3x before answering do so, as the context of the questions should be clear before making a choice. Good luck, I am sure you got it this time!icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    10Linefigure10Linefigure Member Posts: 368 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good attitude Calito, jump up and fight back, you can take it out!
    CCNP R&S, Security+
    B.S. Geography - Business Minor
    MicroMasters - CyberSecurity
    Professional Certificate - IT Project Management
  • Options
    HAMPHAMP Member Posts: 163

You are not the only one that feels that way, and that is part of the reason I haven't taken the test just yet. The damn wording is weird on some question I come across.

I’m really sorry to hear about the fail. Reading your post will make me work that much harder at studying for the test.
  • Options
    Keep at it and good luck with the next test date.

I actually decided to take my exam in the next couple weeks even though I know I can't review for it. Mostly because I need to get a feel for the exam. I have no idea if I will pass but it's going to be a good learning experience either way. My goal is to finish my CCNA before the next semester starts in September so I'm considering my first attempt my practice test.
  • Options
    I took it ICND1 again and passed with a 960. Thanks for the support!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    bwillfordbwillford Member Posts: 64 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Way to stick it out!
  • Options
    mikeybinecmikeybinec Member Posts: 484 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I took it ICND1 again and passed with a 960. Thanks for the support!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

A couple of questions: when said that the Cisco questions were worded weird, can you expound on that?

Also, what did you consider your weak areas?

Thanks
    Cisco NetAcad Cuyamaca College
    A.S. LAN Management 2010 Grossmont College
    B.S. I.T. Management 2013 National University
  • Options
    shyguyITshyguyIT Member Posts: 380
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    2017 Goals:
    Route[X], Switch [], TSHOOT[]
  • Options
    jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good job and great score. Glad to see you didn't get discouraged but faced it.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • Options
    Great Job!

I scheduled mine for tomorrow so hopefully I can join you.