Options

Free/Reduced Certifications - Free/Reduced Training 2014 Edition

Comments

• Options
    RaystafarianRaystafarian Member Posts: 87 ■■■□□□□□□□
    j23evan wrote: »
    Are your students prepared to enter the job market? Are they marketable for college and their future careers?
    Giving your students the opportunity to get certified helps them earn more than just a grade; it gives them an industry-recognized credential to show on resumes, college and job applications, and interviews.
    Certiport is partnering with CSTA to offer members an exclusive deal on Microsoft Technology Associate and HP Accredited Technology Associate certifications. You can receive free practice exams, a free certification exam and study materials; an over $140 value! This offer allows you to obtain the certification yourself and evaluate for course alignment at no cost.
    Your students need more than knowledge. Validate their skills with Certiport.
    http://ww2.certiport.com/lp/mtacsta2014.html.

Click here for more information about HP: http://ww2.certiport.com/lp/mta/hp_landing_page_for_csta.html.

Still have questions? Email hannah.davis@pearson.com for more information.

Remember this is for CSTA - computer science teachers organization, not just anyone.
    Hit me up on LinkedIn - just mention you're from techexams.
  • Options
    colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Good thing it's free to join then! ;)
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • Options
    drthtaterdrthtater Member Posts: 120 ■■■□□□□□□□
    colemic wrote: »
    Good thing it's free to join then! ;)

This right here. Loads of great stuff there if you're a member.
  • Options
    santaownssantaowns Member Posts: 366
    I tried with both my normal email and my csta email but never got the email
  • Options
    ResinResin Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Great thread, Thanks for this! I was able to get the Free MTA a few weeks back and add the database admin exam to my list of certs.
  • Options
    santaownssantaowns Member Posts: 366
    Fyi emailed Hannah and she got me the vouchers
  • Options
    pcgizzmopcgizzmo Member Posts: 127
    This should be a sticky.
  • Options
    tprice5tprice5 Member Posts: 770
    pcgizzmo wrote: »
    This should be a sticky.

The last one got stickied and it could no longer be edited with new promos. Hence the name '2014 edition'.
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    Start Date: 10/01/2014 | Complete Date: ASAP
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2
  • Options
    zafeer20zafeer20 Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for making the thread! Would some of the free certs be good to put in a entry level resume? Thanks again
  • Options
    klefoklefo Member Posts: 22 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice, thanks for the info.
  • Options
    ZorodzaiZorodzai Member Posts: 357 ■■■■■■■□□□
  • Options
    SMBgurusSMBgurus Member Posts: 12 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Got to the Barracuda website and login to their university which offers their BT300 exam for free after you go through the vILT for 9 of their products with labs. When I did mine they also gave you a free year license to any appliance's virtual or cloud version which sell for $1,699.

Technically you end up with 9 certifications if you count each lab/exam set/test as it covers, ADC, SPAM filtering, Web Filtering, eMail Archiving, Backup, etc... Teachers are friendly and helpful similar to the Qualys Vulnerability Management training and Exam

Basically any hardware vendor offers free certifications to their partners, training lab access, and/or reimbursement for their exams if you pass.
  • Options
    gbdavidxgbdavidx Member Posts: 840
    klefo wrote: »
    Nice, thanks for the info.

not as good as their free second trys icon_sad.gif i'm hoping that comes back next year...
  • Options
    kavanaghterencekavanaghterence Member Posts: 2 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Free Azure and office 356 exams from Born to Learn

5 vouchers per person

10,000 available, so get there now....
  • Options
    ItrimbleItrimble Member Posts: 221
    Hi, @SMBgurus

I'm at the website after completing the registration. Where do I sign up for the 9 courses for the Bt300?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Ian
    Goals for 2015 : Finish BS Network Administration at WGU
    Become CCNA, CISSP, CEH, VCP5-10 Certified
    Possible Start Masters in Information Security
  • Options
    TrystamTrystam Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Doesnt the barracuda trainning require you to register something ?
    Being a partner or something of sorts ?
    Also interested.

Regards,
  • Options
    eciumecium Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have the same doubts. How can i register? it says I need a product serial or being partner ... x_x maybe @SMBgurus can clarify these questions :D.

Thanks.,
  • Options
    vikashsvikashs Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Great info. Thanks for sharing :)
  • Options
    meh they added a bunch of flash crap to their site glad I saved the BU login page where you need to setup your account https://bu.barracuda.com/logon

If it asks you for a serial # and your company uses barracuda just go to the spam filter login and the goofs list the SN# at the bottom of the page or google a login page that a company has public and pull their serial # or one off an eBay listing all have worked so I'm told =p

If someone knows php well and has time to dedicate to a small project I have partnerships with at least the top 25 vendors primarily focused on InfoSec, infrastructure, and networking related that all offer certs/accreditations/vILT/ILT/WBT/Labs/licenses/etc to partners for free I'd have no problem with sharing access to the training portion for other consultants or independent contractors.

Would need assistance automating the process of associating people to the accounts and creating an e-mail under the domains associated with the partnerships for them while restricting access to training only to ensure no PO's get sent out and a giant invoice comes in the mail later for onsite training or license/HW purchases =/ As I really don't have the time to code and keep up with all the stupid requirements of the programs.

It doesn't have to be PHP, just what I already use and have automated services in the past with, but as of now I have an AZURE cloud it can run in, a bit of AWS underutilized, or a VPS with cPanel where the main PHP resides.

If someone's willing/interested PM me since it would be a nice way to expand networks of technical professionals and possibly reach platinum level partnerships if it is all SMB's and IC's working collectively which would bump up the benefits even higher and I have no issues with sharing those to the main contributors along with the sales leads regionally to other qualified individuals as it would help us as well when bidding against the big boy's

Some of the partners are APC, RSA, EMC, VMware, Microsoft, Office 365, HP, HP Enterprise Security, Dell, Sonicwall, IBM Business, Checkpoint, Symantec, McAfee, Palo Alto, Cisco, Juniper, Brocade, Adobe, Intel, blah blah
  • Options
    eciumecium Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    SMBguru... I have tried to create an account but it is impossible. To create the account you need the exact model of barracuda device, the serial number and "domain" configured in the device.

I managed to get a device model and the serial but the domain I can not get, and you need those 3 items to get a working account.

If anyone can help me, i would really appreciate, otherwise these offer is not working as a "free or reduced" option for certification.

Thanks,
  • Options
    ecium wrote: »
    SMBguru... I have tried to create an account but it is impossible. To create the account you need the exact model of barracuda device, the serial number and "domain" configured in the device.

I managed to get a device model and the serial but the domain I can not get, and you need those 3 items to get a working account.

If anyone can help me, i would really appreciate, otherwise these offer is not working as a "free or reduced" option for certification.

Thanks,

just buy a used one for 20 bucks and check the config if you really want access or call support w the serial and model which should tell you the domain.

i don't recall having to answer all that just a sn: It is free to anyone with a barracuda products which would be most netadmins or anyone in an organization using their spam filter which was one of the leaders from like 05 not long ago it seems.

FYI SolarWinds Cert is working Still for those that inquired
  • Options
    shotintoeternitshotintoeternit Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    This post was amazing... thanks so much your help in navigating this stuff!
  • Options
    colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Got an email from SANS...

This message is to inform you that as of 12/31/2014 GIAC will be
    retiring the G2700 certification and will no longer offer G2700 renewal
    options.

All professionals holding a current G2700 certification will remain
    listed as a certification holder on our GIAC Certified Professionals
    website, and you may continue to refer to the credential on any
    professional or personal documentation such as a resume or business
    card.

If you would like to consider an alternative certification related to
    managing and auditing IT security risks, we are extending a special
    offer to you for the new GIAC Critical Controls Certification (GCCC).
    This certification was officially released on September 30, 2014 and is
    associated with objectives covered in SEC566: Implementing and Auditing
    the Critical Security Controls - In-Depth.

For $599 + shipping, you will receive the GCCC certification attempt and
    two practice tests, plus current audio files and books from the SEC566
    course.

*This special package + pricing is only valid until December 31, 2014.*

Take advantage of this special chance to earn the GCCC by registering
    here:

https://www.sans.org/registration/register.php?event=208&os=81012

* Be sure to select the GCCC Attempt and use the discount code
    GCCC-BACK-OFFER-1014 *

From a practical perspective, does anyone envision the critical controls certification ever really taking off?
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • Options
    tigermantigerman Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi Everyone, I would like to start by give thanks to this amazing thread, I rare am impressed. But this thread true has impressed me.

Additional I like to take a moment to point out some additional free source for training that I haven't seen mention on this thread that I believe does desire a mention.

1) This first mention is for anyone new or going for a ComptIA cert. Professor Messer Mostly put out CompTIA training. However lately he has start gearing towards Linux. Professor Messer, CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, Linux, Microsoft Certification Training

2) For anyone gearing towards Penetration Testing, I found a pretty good site called Open Security Training. Best part about it is it designs for all level of comer's form beginners to experts. Training

3) Free Computer Books.com - Is and endless sea of free computer and engineering EBooks of all shape and size. They have a vast verity of legitimate free IT certification train EBooks able. Free Computer, Programming, Mathematics, Technical Books, Lecture Notes and Tutorials

4) While where on the subject of Free Tech EBooks another great source is Free Tech Books .com same concept has free computer books with a twisted. Free Online Computer Science and Programming Books, Textbooks, and Lecture Notes :: FreeTechBooks.com

5) For you programmers out there: you Might already know of this site has it a popular one. W3 Schools have a vast variety of free web and programming code training. It also has a variety coding cert you can take has well. W3Schools Online Web Tutorials

6) While where on the subject of web development and programming another great place the get free training and tours is Dream in Code: Programming and Web Development Help | DreamInCode.net

7) This last one has nothing to do with IT or computer science, but If anyone is interested in get certified in CPR or First Aid the following site provide free training and certification exam, Might be helpful for anyone trying to become an IT Healthcare Tech. Online CPR Certification and First Aid Certification - Introduction

In closing I do hope everyone finds this helpful,
  • Options
    colemic wrote: »
    Got an email from SANS...

This message is to inform you that as of 12/31/2014 GIAC will be
    retiring the G2700 certification and will no longer offer G2700 renewal
    options.

All professionals holding a current G2700 certification will remain
    listed as a certification holder on our GIAC Certified Professionals
    website, and you may continue to refer to the credential on any
    professional or personal documentation such as a resume or business
    card.

If you would like to consider an alternative certification related to
    managing and auditing IT security risks, we are extending a special
    offer to you for the new GIAC Critical Controls Certification (GCCC).
    This certification was officially released on September 30, 2014 and is
    associated with objectives covered in SEC566: Implementing and Auditing
    the Critical Security Controls - In-Depth.

For $599 + shipping, you will receive the GCCC certification attempt and
    two practice tests, plus current audio files and books from the SEC566
    course.

*This special package + pricing is only valid until December 31, 2014.*

Take advantage of this special chance to earn the GCCC by registering
    here:

https://www.sans.org/registration/register.php?event=208&os=81012

* Be sure to select the GCCC Attempt and use the discount code
    GCCC-BACK-OFFER-1014 *

From a practical perspective, does anyone envision the critical controls certification ever really taking off?

I would be curious to go through the courseware to really answer this, I'm sure as with most Security Certs just having a SANs Cert will count for something and in my personal opinion the technical exams and many others haven't been that affective and we both know it boils down to the end users, people securing the environment and the business being behind a proper security posture. From a brief review it looks like it would be a solid compliment to any existing programs and does have a control for the individuals themselves which is significant.

Then again I also tend to feel that it can be hit or miss depending on who obtains the certification and their overall effectiveness if they are working with organizations, so if SME and 10+ years of experience individual goes to fortune 100 and cleans house, then it is likely to spread faster vs. brain **** smuck takes it and a company hires based on it vs. CISSP or whatever and they get hacked the next month, that's going to leave a salty taste within the organization and the recruiters they work with I'm sure.

Test takers killed all creditability of MCSE's years ago as I'm sure you noticed as did I when an MCSE couldn't bring a DOS prompt up/cmd at the time or all the new hires on a major project for the 3rd largest LAN started requiring a CCNA then CCNP for new hires neither of which I had, but led the 25 and the CCNA's couldn't understand the concept of transmit/receive black/red on the fiber patch panels and wanted to argue and argue how it must be a VLAN encapsulation issue or they need enabled access to the 6500E's till finally having to make them look like fools and owe me lunch using their arrogance against them to prove me wrong, but check the link light 1st and make sure the link light is up on the SFP, hell it was on their checklist to ensure link light is on during image capture before uploading to SP, it still seems the best sec developers, exploiters, coders, etc all lacked any certifications or formal training, though were clueless to business etiquette and rarely engaged by management for anything meaningful, then the handful that adapted took their CISSP years ago when it was their way in, have excelled greatly and never taken another cert or maintained it since...

Sometimes I ponder if the union approach with an apprentice role 1st blended with certification would be the best approach? It would ensure they can and will do the job while learning from the real world, but also display the aptitude and desire to learn academically and professionally to become the journeyman and offer a more focused career path. The flip side is since an attack can come from anywhere a generalist understanding of as much as possible seems needed also...

I do think these boot camp programs for vets and cyber aces is somewhat of a joke mainly specific to the fact kids not even old enough to have the required work experience are coming out of the programs with certifications requiring experience starting when they were early teens, which in itself is violating the ethics codes and standards that are supposed to make some of the certifications so valuable.... Otherwise it is a start for individuals with aptitude for maybe a longer term approach to fostering their talents would be better.

What do you think will or can really resolve the industries issues as I know your handle from somewhere else which is not something I normally notice, so you just maybe someone with a insightful response =)
  • Options
    fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Palo Alto Networks Academy Cybersecurity Accreditation (PACA) Exam v 1.0

If you got the ACE or even the CNSE, go find this in Palo
    Alto Networks Customer Learning Center and become a PACA! icon_cool.gif

timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • Options
    RoGeekRoGeek Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Any free IT certifications in 2015?
  • Options
    farhan72342farhan72342 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Please guys any one send me SolarWinds Certified Professional valid **** Please..
  • Options
    wiresharkwireshark Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    santaowns wrote: »
    Fyi emailed Hannah and she got me the vouchers
    How many?
    one voucher for each csta account, right?
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Please guys any one send me SolarWinds Certified Professional valid **** Please..

You have to **** a free exam? That's just sad....
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com