Options

Infinite Skills MCSA 2012 on Udemy

Has anyone used the MCSA 2012 videos from Infinite Skills? If so are they worth buying?
2017 Goals:
Route[X], Switch [], TSHOOT[]

Comments

• Options
    jmasterj206jmasterj206 Member Posts: 471
    Savill is a good teacher. If you can get a coupon code you can get the class for around 30 dollars. John doesn't go very deep into subjects, but more of a high level overview with some other tidbits thrown in. I used the Infinite Skills and CBTNuggets for the 410 and would say that the CBTNuggets videos helped me more. The thing that I don't like about CBT is the James gets off topic some and pimps out his personal website a little too often, but I do enjoy him and he covers the objectives well whereas, the Savill videos with give you a good base then you have to follow up with Technet and labbing.
    WGU grad
  • Options
    chininochinino Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You can also sample some of the videos in YouTube. There are a few of them there.
    My 2014 Goals:

MCSA Windows Server 2012: 70-410 [ ] 70-411 [ ] 70-412 [ ]
    VMware Certified Associate-Data Center Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
    CompTIA Storage+: SGO-001 [ ]
  • Options
    shyguyITshyguyIT Member Posts: 380
    Thanks for the replies guys ... ill check out the sample videos on Youtube.
    2017 Goals:
  • Options
    jmasterj206jmasterj206 Member Posts: 471
    ShyGuyIT,
    I would also mention there is a deal with Udemy that you can get any of the courses for 10 dollars. At that price it can't be beat.
    Here is the thread for reference.
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/off-topic/99727-udemy-10-00-courses.html
    WGU grad
  • Options
    Awesome! Thanks
    2017 Goals:
  • Options
    J.TotJ.Tot Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I watched Infiniteskills videos before and HATED them, I believe it was the 70-410 vid.
    VCP5 : [X] | VCP6 : [X] | MCSE : 70-412 [X] , 70-417 [ ] , 70-413 [ ] , 70-414 [ ] | VCAP : [ ]
  • Options
    Why did you hate them? Not enough information or the way the material was presented?
    2017 Goals:
  • Options
    atari37atari37 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I bought all 3 on Udemy and they are good for a general overview but he doesn't go deep enough to pass the exam. They've also not upgraded them to R2 yet. For the price, it's good to have for general reference though.
  • Options
    YetAnotherITGuyYetAnotherITGuy Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am preparing for 70-410 exam.

I liked John Savill's 70-410 videos. They are precise and in digestible length. He does not waste your time! This is very important to me, as I work and need to be able to return to the course and continue from where I stopped.

To get the most out of the videos, you probably need to jot down notes with pen and paper and pause the videos few times.

John speaks fast, but his content is very informative. I learned a lot!

I did not enjoy CBT Nuggets because the videos were long and his off-topic comments were painful to me. I will however, use the R2 updates for the exam.

I have bought Craig Zacker and Mark Minasi's books for 2012 R2 and intend to take the exams in 1 month. About to start with Zacker's book next!
  • Options
    Thanks for the input guys ... for $10 dollars each I decided to buy them.
    2017 Goals:
  • Options
    anienhamanienham Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Found out on Twitter that John Savill's Infinite Skills videos are down to $10 right now.
    I was able to get it for that price. Glad I did. The previous night they were discounted only to $30.

So far it looks like there's about 85 lectures/videos to watch.

Anie
  • Options
    chickenlicken09chickenlicken09 Member Posts: 537 ■■■■□□□□□□
    can you post the link, i cannot see it for this price.
  • Options
    GlynixxGlynixx Member Posts: 138
    Hi
    here is the link
    https://www.udemy.com/server-2012-exam-70-410-tutorial/?sl=E0QYdV49RBMDLEwzBwZX&dtcode=c7qkgt2h#/
    or just go to udemy and search 70-410
    On the right hand side, Click on "Redeem a Coupon" and then enter BEST10
    You should see the price drop to $10

I picked up 410,411 & 412. I figured it would give me a good base prior to doing the R2 stuff.

good luck!
    Check out www.manager-tools.com for some great management training for free!
  • Options
    jak096jak096 Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the link. I purchased 410, 411, 412, and Powershell for 10.00 each then received a 50% coupon off on another purchase. Seem not all of them apply for the best10 coupon.
  • Options
    joemysteriojoemysterio Member Posts: 152
    I wonder if he will update them to 2012 R2. I bought that assuming they included R2 info, but oh well, at least it was only $30 I lost. Next time I won't be so hasty.
    Current goals: CCNA/CCNP
  • Options
    MSSoftieMSSoftie Member Posts: 190 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Don't consider it lost money. The R2 updates are not everything. 80% of the test will still be the same. Yes you will still need to review R2 information to pass most likely but don't think the whole thing is a waste just for not being updated.