Options

failed my 70-410 yesterday and my advices

JojolafriteJojolafrite Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I had 620 out of 1000 points (required 700 to pass the exam)
54 questions for 2 hours

----

Advices for the exam:
Check "mark for review" when you do know because there are very easy questions and very difficult questions. When you mark a question for review you can review it at the end of the exam. It is useful because you can answer easier questions first.

----
I only studied with "Installing and configuring windows 2012" by Craig Zacker.

My weak point:

1.POWERSHELL:

The Ebook from Zacker does not cover enough from Powershell. The Ebook does not cover enough things anyways. You should be able in powershell as you would do in server manager.
Example: Setup object properties in AD DS. Move objects in AD DS...etc etc... Setup a FULL ROLE in powershell command lines like a DHCP server.

2. Subnetting:
You should know everything about sub netting. Being able to setup different LAN with different subnet masks.

3. HYPER V:
read everything about Hyper V. And try everything with hyper V.

Many questions asked didn't find any answer in the Ebook from Craig Zacker.

For your information, i have failed due to questions about Hyper V ans core network config. (results on paper from Miscrosoft).

Comments

• Options
    FullTilt151FullTilt151 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yep, I have the same book. Failed a couple of weeks ago, but I have a 2nd shot voucher. I agree with everything you pointed out. Also, there were a few App Locker questions on there that really threw me for a loop.
  • Options
    J.TotJ.Tot Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    My main fear is subnetting.

I had it down once, and hated it, acquired my CCNA in 2006. Now I've forgotten everything. There is a reason I didn't continue networking.

And wtf subnetting IPv6 now!?
    VCP5 : [X] | VCP6 : [X] | MCSE : 70-412 [X] , 70-417 [ ] , 70-413 [ ] , 70-414 [ ] | VCAP : [ ]
  • Options
    MSSoftieMSSoftie Member Posts: 190 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Subnetting was on your exam? I didn't have anything like that. I had a couple of IPv6 questions. It is also reasonable to be able to tell one subnet from another but I think to say you need to know everything about subnetting is a bit out there. Why would you subnet IPv6?
  • Options
    atari37atari37 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I had IPV4 subnetting on my 70-410 exam. I took that exam a few months after getting my CCNA, as such, the material was very fresh in my head.

J.Tot, there's no IPV6 subnetting on the exam. What I remember them asking was how to identify an IPV6 address, ie. unicast, multicast, etc.

Before my CCNA almost two years ago, I found the following link on this very website. You can answer any Microsoft/Cisco subnetting question if you go through the first post.

http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccna-ccent/38772-subnetting-made-easy.html