WGU MSISA Question

phaneuf1phaneuf1 Member Posts: 131
Did wgu lose its accreditation with CNSS? It's not showing on their site anymore.

Comments

• colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I don't know, but it was there as of April 11... more likely, instead of losing it, they decided it wasn't worth the effort to maintain. In my opinion, that accreditation doesn't mean a whole lot, and I have never seen a job posting asking for a CNSS-accredited education.
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • emerald_octaneemerald_octane Member Posts: 613
    I'll be upset if it is. Even if it doesn't mean anything, it was one of the reasons I signed up. I considered it an equivalent to the AACSB for InfoSec, obviously not in the same league, but more external validation is great.

I think something is wrong with the page. The CCENT is still included in the course of study, right? I know there were talks of getting rid of it because it was too tough but still.
    Edit: Nevermind. The CCENT was removed.
  • DoyenDoyen Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    colemic wrote: »
    I don't know, but it was there as of April 11... more likely, instead of losing it, they decided it wasn't worth the effort to maintain. In my opinion, that accreditation doesn't mean a whole lot, and I have never seen a job posting asking for a CNSS-accredited education.

Having a CNSS accreditation on a degree shows that the security training program of WGU follows the US standard of system security. However, colemic does bring up a good point that there aren't a lot of job postings asking for CNSS accredited program. If I'm not mistaken, I'm sure their are some sort of certification or certificate for various CNSS programs that can be earned. I am sure that I've seen that on a few members credentials with their certifications. Maybe they can shed light on this issue.
    Goals for 2016: [] VCP 5.5: ICM (recertifying) , [ ] VMware VCA-NV, [ ] 640-911 DCICN, [ ] 640-916 DCICT, [ ] CCNA: Data Center, [ ] CISSP (Associate), [ ] 300-101 ROUTE, [ ] 300-115 SWITCH, [ ] 300-135 TSHOOT, [ ] CCNP: Route & Switch, [ ] CEHv8, [ ] LX0-103, [ ] LX0-104
    Future Goals: WGU MSISA or Capital Technology Univerisity MSCIS Degree Program
    Click here to connect with me on LinkedIn! Just mention your are from Techexams.net.