Options

Default Gateway on switch

pichi63pichi63 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,

What I want to do is see the default gateway of a switch. Thats it.

I do a sh run from the switch and I dont see it. I tried a sh cdp nei det from another switch and still nothing.

How can I see the Default Gateway that was assigned to a switch??????

Thanks,

Pedro

Comments

• Options
    KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    What kind of a switch are you using? I did a sh run on a 2950 switch and it works perfectly. It's down near the bottom, above the ipclassless setting on mine.

KG
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • Options
    forbeslforbesl Member Posts: 454
    pichi63 wrote:
    I do a sh run from the switch and I dont see it.
    Are you sure there is a default gateway configured on it? If you don't see it with a sh run, then there's not one there.
  • Options
    Hello,

I am using a Boson simulator of 2950. I assign the DG and then do a sh run and its not there...

Strange no ?
  • Options
    pichi63 wrote:
    Hello,

I am using a Boson simulator of 2950. I assign the DG and then do a sh run and its not there...

Strange no ?
    No, that's not strange...it's a simulator, after all.
  • Options
    Well yes it is strange when a second simulator does the same thing. I am not kidding. Sybex´s RouterSim does not show the assigned default gateway on a Cat 2950. I am beginning to think a real 2950 wont either. Can someone who has a real Cat 2950 configure it with a default-gateway, do a show run and send me a copy of the config file. I wont believe it til I see it. The ip for Vlan 1 is there but NOT the default gateway!

Thank you very much,

Pedro
  • Options
    pichi63 wrote:
    Can someone who has a real Cat 2950 configure it with a default-gateway, do a show run and send me a copy of the config file.
    Look at KGhaleon's post above. He's got a 2950.
    I wont believe it til I see it.
    Take it from those of us who manage/administer real switches every day; the default gateway shows up on a real switch. Don't expect a simulator to have the same functionality as a Cisco IOS...it just won't happen.

If you're going to use a sim, you need to get used to that.