Options

Lets talk Ebay Vouchers and 2nd shot.

J.TotJ.Tot Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
So I'm prepping for 70-410 and have gone through all the normal voucher sites. A buddy of mine bought a voucher off Ebay at the great price of $99.

I'm not to worried about safety, there are others here that have used ebay. My question is, if you buy a "single-shot" Voucher, can you still use Microsofts Free 2nd shot?

Information here.
Retake Microsoft Certification Exam for Free | Microsoft
VCP5 : [X] | VCP6 : [X] | MCSE : 70-412 [X] , 70-417 [ ] , 70-413 [ ] , 70-414 [ ] | VCAP : [ ]

Comments

• Options
    SweenMachineSweenMachine Member Posts: 300 ■■■■□□□□□□
    J.Tot wrote: »
    So I'm prepping for 70-410 and have gone through all the normal voucher sites. A buddy of mine bought a voucher off Ebay at the great price of $99.

I'm not to worried about safety, there are others here that have used ebay. My question is, if you buy a "single-shot" Voucher, can you still use Microsofts Free 2nd shot?

Information here.
    Retake Microsoft Certification Exam for Free | Microsoft

No, if you buy them from a 3rd party, and they are labeled as single shot, they are labeled that way because they are only good once.

I have used single shot vouchers from ebay before. I only recommend them if you are really confident you will pass, because the 150 for 2 chances is much better that 99 for one if you fail... haha

-scott
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • Options
    MSSoftieMSSoftie Member Posts: 190 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I can confirm that - I did that a few years ago and it was only a single shot. There was no option to get a second shot. I even tried calling the support line and pleading my case to no avail. (I knew a head of time and was warned about this when I purchased but I called because I figured it was worth a try)
  • Options
    SweenMachineSweenMachine Member Posts: 300 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I will say, there is a certain motivation to work a little harder when it's a single shot... haha

I paid 99 bucks for a voucher, which was a 50 percent savings from the 150 one, but if I failed, it would be 200 and a 50 percent increase... so, I really went hard at the studying... lol

-scott
  • Options
    J.TotJ.Tot Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    sounds like im buying a 3nd shot exam for $130 then.
    VCP5 : [X] | VCP6 : [X] | MCSE : 70-412 [X] , 70-417 [ ] , 70-413 [ ] , 70-414 [ ] | VCAP : [ ]
  • Options
    MSSoftieMSSoftie Member Posts: 190 ■■■□□□□□□□
    better safe than sorry?????? :-\