Options

CCENT test exam question

gbdavidxgbdavidx Member Posts: 840
Hello all, i am sitting for my exam on Friday and was curious, when doing the simulators on the test and it wants you to assign an IP address, does it really matter which one you use? or can it be any of them as long as its valid and in the right range

Comments

• Options
    santaownssantaowns Member Posts: 366
    In my experience they give you a specific address.
  • Options
    TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    What do you mean? It's not like they will say two addresses are correct but one is more correct. If they ask for an address there will be one correct choice. The test is multiple choice by the way.
  • Options
    gbdavidxgbdavidx Member Posts: 840
    if i have to assign an IP to an interface, and I have 16 ip's to choose from does it matter which one I chose?
  • Options
    mikeybinecmikeybinec Member Posts: 484 ■■■□□□□□□□
    gbdavidx wrote: »
    if i have to assign an IP to an interface, and I have 16 ip's to choose from does it matter which one I chose?

I'm betting the question will state something like "From the blah.blah.blah.blah /28 subnet, which IP address can be assigned to Int fa0\0 that is not in the same subnet as int fa0/1 ...or something like that
    Cisco NetAcad Cuyamaca College
    A.S. LAN Management 2010 Grossmont College
    B.S. I.T. Management 2013 National University
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I don't know as I did not take my exam yet. From my Netacad experience it usually asks to assign a first or last available host so watch the wording on the questions.

Good Luck! I hope to test soon also.
  • Options
    santaownssantaowns Member Posts: 366
    ^^ is what I saw
  • Options
    Magic JohnsonMagic Johnson Member Posts: 414
    I don't think I got any SIM config in the exam, just the use of show commands to answer a question or a list of commands and I had to choose what one would work.
  • Options
    martell1000martell1000 Member Posts: 389
    dont worry all cisco exams i took tell you VERY specific what the want you to do. if a simulation gives you room for more then one possible solutions they will all be correct.

for your example: if the goal would be to assign an ip address to an interface from the 192.168.1.1 /25 network and ping another router with it it would be the successfull ping giving you the score and not the ip address (unless it is stated specifically in the assignment!)
    And then, I started a blog ...